-
Boo replied to the topic "Waterslide Transfers" – 5 years, 10 months ago
this is the headstock design that I generally use.
@tv101 Nice headstocks Tony, nice and simple, and elegant. 👍
-
Russ replied to the topic "Sat 1pm LIVE – Penny Carving" – 5 years, 10 months ago
@tv101
Hi Tony, just checked out the Mirka hand sanding blocks. I didn’t know they existed. Looks like a great cheaper alternative……. although I would like an electric one.
🙂🙏🎸🎶 -
Boo replied to the topic "Sat 1pm LIVE – Penny Carving" – 5 years, 10 months ago
Every time I see that Mirka sander in use, I think “I WANT ONE”. @tv101 You are not the only one Tony. There are loads of videos I watch on YouTube and when I watch Mark where Mirka sanders are… Read more»
-
Robin replied to the topic "Waterslide Transfers" – 5 years, 10 months ago
@tv101
My next build that I’m drawing up now has narrower tapered headstock, based on a Tanglewood Tomkat that I have. It’s similar to the Bailey headstock too, and like you say, not so much space there. -
Robin replied to the topic "Waterslide Transfers" – 5 years, 10 months ago
@tv101 Truss Rod cover logo looks neat The truss rod cover has a bit of your veneer on it, left over from the same piece that I used for the headstock. The gibson style headstock has plenty space for logos… Read more»
-
jaxty replied to the topic "Looking For Tip On Consistent Fretboard Radius" – 5 years, 10 months ago
@tv101 That’s why I do it! I forgot to mention – I keep telling her that guitar building is a “subtractive” process…
-
jaxty replied to the topic "Looking For Tip On Consistent Fretboard Radius" – 5 years, 10 months ago
@tv101 I will try my best to think of it that way! Every time I come back into the kitchen from my shop in the garage, my wife says I must love sanding, because I’m covered in sawdust… I just… Read more»
-
Boo replied to the topic "Looking For Tip On Consistent Fretboard Radius" – 5 years, 10 months ago
@jaxty I agree with everything @tv101 @edwin and Robin have said. You should check the measurements constantly and keep reapplying scribbled pencil on the fretboard so you can see where you are sanding more and less. Check, check, check! Oh… Read more»
-
Marcel replied to the topic "🎶🎸 Your Favourite Song In This Moment 🎸🎶" – 5 years, 10 months ago
@tv101 No guitars, how soothing my friend.
-
Boo replied to the topic "Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Buggering router bit slipped!" – 5 years, 10 months ago
I’ve got a couple of router mistakes to add to the forum too, we all do them. My initial thought was to fill it so what @tv101 said is the best way to get the colour match. I automatically think… Read more»
-
mark bailey replied to the topic "Bugger!Bugger!Bugger!Buggering router bit slipped!" – 5 years, 10 months ago
Another option is to bind the ‘fretboard’ – I would do what @tv101 suggests first (fill it) and keep binding in reserve if not happy with the outcome.
-
Boo replied to the topic "Pickup covers" – 5 years, 11 months ago
Step-by-step, looks straightforward enough.
@tv101 Maybe we should have a finishing course that goes into more detail. 🤣
-
Boo replied to the topic "🎶🎸 Your Favourite Song In This Moment 🎸🎶" – 5 years, 11 months ago
@tv101 Yeah we’ll see if anything happens but I’ll leave it like that now anyway. 👍 Rock n Roll 🤘
-
Boo replied to the topic "Pickup covers" – 5 years, 11 months ago
@tv101 Right OK. To be more succinct, it doesn’t matter if it’s plastic or metal, you just use the right primer. After that, spray the colours and then seal it all in with a few coats of shiny lacquer.
-
Boo replied to the topic "🎶🎸 Your Favourite Song In This Moment 🎸🎶" – 5 years, 11 months ago
@tv101 Ok, shall we try it? I’ll change it now.
-
Boo replied to the topic "My first build" – 5 years, 11 months ago
I’m going to get my GREAT lawyers onto this, and they’re really TREMENDOUS, and we’ll take this to the Supreme Court because it’s obvious there’s just been so much corruption going on here, you can’t steal this competition. @tv101 I… Read more»
-
Boo replied to the topic "🎶🎸 Your Favourite Song In This Moment 🎸🎶" – 5 years, 11 months ago
Just thinking that our sigs here might be able to do something similar for Mark’s site …
@tv101 Yeah, what should we try?
-
Boo replied to the topic "Pickup covers" – 5 years, 11 months ago
What paints did you use? Easier on plastics than metals?? @tv101 I use 1k and 2k products. The plastic P90 covers I used 1k plastic primer and the metal Tele neck cover I used etch primer and a little 1k… Read more»
-
Boo replied to the topic "🎶🎸 Your Favourite Song In This Moment 🎸🎶" – 5 years, 11 months ago
Jessica always makes me thing of “classic” Top Gear. Before Clarkson et al made it into a bloke “comedy” show. @tv101 Clarkson has a lot answer for in this world! It’s more fun having someone else at the top of… Read more»
-
Robin replied to the topic "First practice build" – 5 years, 11 months ago
@tv101 Thanks Tony. I didn’t really choose the complexity of the build, it just kind of evolved with wood I had available and I certainly learnt a lot during the process. Yes, I like the f holes, it looks like… Read more»
- Load More