-
Robin replied to the topic "1pm LIVE: Headstock veneers – bring yer best Q's – cheers folks!" – 5 years, 12 months ago
@tv101 I’ve got various bits of veneer here. I’d happily put a headstock-sized piece in the post for you. Light, or dark? That would be fantastic, a peice of dark please, it’s a mahogany neck. I was a bit wary… Read more»
-
Russ replied to the topic "🎶🎸 Your Favourite Song In This Moment 🎸🎶" – 5 years, 12 months ago
@tv101 Excellent Tony. I never got a chance to see them first time around. I remember waiting what seemed like a lifetime for MK II to reform then luckily managed to see them on their reunion tour. I remember shaking… Read more»
-
Marcel replied to the topic "I confess" – 5 years, 12 months ago
@tv101 You shouldn’t feel bad about that. I don’t take myself too seriously so I don’t expect others to take me too seriously 😜
-
Clinton replied to the topic "BYOEG Online Bandsman 2" – 5 years, 12 months ago
@tv101 I route it
-
Boo replied to the topic "First practice build" – 5 years, 12 months ago
If only such a thing existed … like an “undo” function in software … how many hours would be saved!! @tv101 Well, with 3D printing, we could see that kind of thing. For thousands of years we have used a… Read more»
-
Rocknroller912 replied to the topic "Todays Livestream @1pm – Custom Inlays!" – 5 years, 12 months ago
@tv101 There is another method of drilling to insert a metal ring using a double ring drill. Violin bow makers use them to insert a Sterling Silver ring into the ebony bow frog, sometimes with a pearl eye and sometimes… Read more»
-
Deej replied to the topic "Todays Livestream @1pm – Custom Inlays!" – 5 years, 12 months ago
@Tv101 I’ve seen just uninstalling this tube as you would a dot and then fill the inner with ebony and superglue or an ebony dowel.
-
Robin replied to the topic "Todays Livestream @1pm – Custom Inlays!" – 5 years, 12 months ago
@tv101 After Sat’s session, I’ve been trying to think of ways of just cutting a ring into the board … How about using a circular cutter, cut a circle in a piece of plywood of a similar depth of the… Read more»
-
Rocknroller912 replied to the topic "Todays Livestream @1pm – Custom Inlays!" – 5 years, 12 months ago
@tv101 @deej Tried out my idea of burning the ring into the wood and it worked not too bad, better in ebony than rosewood. I should have cleaned the burr on the brass tube from cutting before gluing the rings… Read more»
-
Boo replied to the topic "Todays Livestream @1pm – Custom Inlays!" – 5 years, 12 months ago
After Sat’s session, I’ve been trying to think of ways of just cutting a ring into the board … @tv101 I know what you are striving for, it would be good but like a mark said, I fear the cutter… Read more»
-
Boo replied to the topic "Fret Cutting Jig" – 5 years, 12 months ago
Booked for collection tomorrow, so should be with you a few days after that …
@tv101 That’s great Tony, thanks. I’ll look out for it and try it out as soon as I get a chance.
-
Boo replied to the topic "BYOEG Online Bandsman 2" – 5 years, 12 months ago
Are you going to put some sort of flooring down? otherwise you’re going to cause a lot of noise downstairs, and get a lot of sawdust between the floorboards! @tv101 I’m only going to use it for finniting, gluing, oil… Read more»
-
Deej replied to the topic "BYOEG Online Bandsman 2" – 5 years, 12 months ago
Already sunk then @TV101..
oh and last post was straight edge….edit still not working… -
Deej replied to the topic "BYOEG Online Bandsman 2" – 5 years, 12 months ago
-
Boo replied to the topic "BYOEG Online Bandsman 2" – 5 years, 12 months ago
He went to the pub. I won.
@tv101 Well, if you snooze, you lose! 🤣
-
Boo replied to the topic "BYOEG Online Bandsman 2" – 5 years, 12 months ago
Either that or I’m putting too much lateral pressure on the saw and pushing it off line. @tv101 Yeah I had to be careful with the aluminium clamp I used today for moving, especially as it was clamped at an… Read more»
-
Boo replied to the topic "BYOEG Online Bandsman 2" – 5 years, 12 months ago
I prefer a router with guide bearing
@tv101 Yeah I’ve done that before too, the router is a good option.
I see you have been busy today with the like button. Hahaha…… -
Boo replied to the topic "BYOEG Online Bandsman 2" – 5 years, 12 months ago
Is there a better way? @tv101 I just used one edge of an MDF board that was cut in the factory (it is straight), then mark up for the other edge. I then put on a long aluminium clamp as… Read more»
-
Marcel replied to the topic "🎶🎸 Your Favourite Song In This Moment 🎸🎶" – 5 years, 12 months ago
@tv101 The first time I saw a video of Foxes and Fossils was a few years ago. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing and seeing. It’s a video from 2010 and the girls were 15 and 16 years old… Read more»
-
Boo replied to the topic "BYOEG Online Bandsman 2" – 6 years ago
Macassar ebony?
@tv101 I’m not sure actually, I bought it off Mark a while ago, I’ll have to ask him. @markbailey Mark, what kind of Ebony is this, can you remember?
- Load More