Redoing a couple of things
I decided to tackle the first oak top carve top I did, fret markers were wonky and I didn't think they looked particularly good. Also the body could've been sanded better. I'd already stripped it to use the parts on another build so it was ready to go.
I drilled out theexisting markers, then used a long ruler and pencil to mark where the markers were off. Redrilled to the side required, cut aluminium tubing and glued it in. Then used the usual ebony sawdust to fill in and around as required. Came out great and looks loads better.
Also added a logo seeing as I have the laser.
The alu tube & ebony dust looks way better - much cleverer.
I keep thinking that I should try cutting out just the wall of the tube and keep the middle intact. A small bit in the CNC should be able to do it, although getting everything lined up correctly might take some trial & error.
I've also got some square brass tubing somewhere that I could use to make some square dots (whatever you'd call square dots!) for something even more different.
It's all on my "one day, when I've got some time" list.
Online guitar making courses – guitarmaking.co.uk
@tv101 just cut teeth in a piece of the tubing and use it to cut all the marker holes. It's on my todo list, my HUGE todo list lol