-
Clinton replied to the topic "To embarrass myself into finishing something …" – 3 years, 12 months ago
@tv101 I like option B.
-
Russ replied to the topic "To embarrass myself into finishing something …" – 3 years, 12 months ago
-
Russ replied to the topic "🎶🎸 Your Favourite Song In This Moment 🎸🎶" – 3 years, 12 months ago
-
Robin replied to the topic "To embarrass myself into finishing something …" – 4 years ago
@tv101 I still find the accuracy incredible. If you draw it out accurately, and have got the correct cutter in the machine, it will cut to within fractions of a mm. Looking good tv and you’ve learnt a new skill…. Read more»
-
Russ replied to the topic "To embarrass myself into finishing something …" – 4 years ago
Looking great @tv101
🎸🙂🎶🙏 -
Boo replied to the topic "🎶🎸 Your Favourite Song In This Moment 🎸🎶" – 4 years ago
@tv101 That is insane. 😱 I can’t believe they wanted that much to route 1 mile of fibre for you, ridiculous. Glad you got satellite though, those speeds sound amazing. I went with a different firm to you but I’ll… Read more»
-
Koendb replied to the topic "Hello from Perth, Scotland" – 4 years ago
Yeah that looks really good @tv101. Time for your next build now 😋 😊 😎
-
Norrie replied to the topic "Hello from Perth, Scotland" – 4 years ago
@tv101 That is utterly stunning
-
POCORANCH7 replied to the topic "Hello from Perth, Scotland" – 4 years ago
@tv101
that’s pretty awesome…great colors… -
tyreman replied to the topic "New Build – Tamarind Top" – 4 years ago
@tv101 hi, I make my own from buying the flakes, have found liberon to be the best make, when made it usually lasts 6 months to a year. I buy it from amazon, I usually put around 3/4 alcohol to… Read more»
-
Koendb replied to the topic "New Build – Tamarind Top" – 4 years ago
Posted by: @tv101 I’ll be interested to see how it looks before and after the shellac finishing, and your opinion on the feel of the finish too. I’ll let you know once I ve finished it 😉
-
tv1 replied to the topic "Hello from Perth, Scotland" – 4 years ago
Posted by: @tv101 Here’s a Bass. I must have some pics of that one as I did it – but apparently not on this PC! And here they are! Stained black, and then rubbed back
Red over the… Read more»
-
Koendb replied to the topic "New Build – Tamarind Top" – 4 years ago
Posted by: @tv101 Ive got no experience of Shellac – I’ve only ever oil finished guitars, sometimes over stains. I did buy some Shellac many years ago, with the intention of trying it out, but never managed to find the… Read more»
-
Koendb replied to the topic "New Build – Tamarind Top" – 4 years ago
-
POCORANCH7 replied to the topic "Hello from Perth, Scotland" – 4 years ago
@tv101
I like the recessed knobs, hadn’t thought of that -
POCORANCH7 replied to the topic "Hello from Perth, Scotland" – 4 years ago
@tv101, @norriemac That’s awesome man, how did you achieve the stripes look..the deeper stain of blue? I’m guessing here – but a sanding or scratching can force the pigments to recess deeper into the wood…which is usually AVOIDED, was there… Read more»
-
POCORANCH7 replied to the topic "Hello from Perth, Scotland" – 4 years ago
-
POCORANCH7 replied to the topic "Hello from Perth, Scotland" – 4 years ago
@tv101 this picture from Guitarmaking was on my fridge, i was trying to decide how to color my first build..this will be what I’m going for – for the most part,,,probably not with the brown natural color because the Poplar… Read more»
-
Russ replied to the topic "To embarrass myself into finishing something …" – 4 years ago
Coming along nicely @tv101.
🎸🎶🙏🙂 -
Russ replied to the topic "🎶🎸 Your Favourite Song In This Moment 🎸🎶" – 4 years ago
Posted by: @tv101 I’d always assumed that was a Rod Stewart original (or at least written by whoever generally writes his stuff). That Crazy Horse version is different class I got into crazy horse a bit late through listening to… Read more»
- Load More