-
mattbeels replied to the topic "📚🎸 Guitar Making Library 🎸📚" – 5 years, 6 months ago
@tv101
Good idea, I have several of those books plus a few not listed and am willing to give an opinion on them if that helps.
 -
mattbeels replied to the topic "Need some inspiration." – 5 years, 6 months ago
@tv101
I’m thinking what you guys are thinking, maybe? -
Boo replied to the topic "Need some inspiration." – 5 years, 6 months ago
-
Russ replied to the topic "Need some inspiration." – 5 years, 6 months ago
-
Russ replied to the topic "Need some inspiration." – 5 years, 6 months ago
-
Koendb replied to the topic "Need some inspiration." – 5 years, 6 months ago
-
steveadams replied to the topic "ACOUSTIC BUILD PART 3" – 5 years, 6 months ago
Thanks @tv101
I am never going to be the “back to basics” make ’em like the old days!!!
cheers
Steve -
Russ replied to the topic "Need some inspiration." – 5 years, 6 months ago
The plan does not involve twin necks, nor baritones, nor even blueteeth. The guitar will be standard size & shape, with the traditional number of necks. But it’ll be different. It is a very cunning plan. Hey@tv101. If you’re making… Read more»
-
Russ replied to the topic "🎶🎸 Your Favourite Song In This Moment 🎸🎶" – 5 years, 6 months ago
Catchy enough tune @Russ, but wtf are the lyrics all about ??? @tv101. I think he may have been “out of it” when he wrote the lyrics but I think it’s a social commentary on integration…….or the lack of it…. Read more»
-
Boo replied to the topic "Need some inspiration." – 5 years, 6 months ago
@tv101 How about a double neck?Â
-
Clinton replied to the topic "Need some inspiration." – 5 years, 6 months ago
@tv101. Ever done a through neck? Maybe even laminated? A little ramp carve on the end of the fretboard to flow to the body with the neck angle. Some chambered body wings. That would be so cool to see on… Read more»
-
Boo replied to the topic "Single Head Mop Polisher" – 5 years, 6 months ago
What about polishing an oil/wax finish @boo – would it also work for that? @tv101 Yeah I suppose this machine isn’t just for buffing paint is it? Silly me 🤪 I’m not sure what compounds/polishes would be needed for woods… Read more»
-
steveadams replied to the topic "ACOUSTIC BUILD PART 3" – 5 years, 6 months ago
-
Robin replied to the topic "Ok I confess" – 5 years, 6 months ago
@clinton that archtop looks good, I might have to try that for my next build, I particularly like the F holes. There just aren’t enough hours … build, play, record, listen … and that’s without a day job! @tv101Â I… Read more»
-
mattbeels replied to the topic "I did it……loose neck pocket!" – 5 years, 6 months ago
-
mattbeels replied to the topic "New Workshop" – 5 years, 6 months ago
-
mattbeels replied to the topic "New Workshop" – 5 years, 6 months ago
Note that Robin isn’t worrying about coffee machines, or bean bags, or curtains or other soft furnishings. His is a proper workshop for working in … Oh yeah @tv101? I bet that @robin is gonna deck out the shed with… Read more»
-
Robin replied to the topic "New Workshop" – 5 years, 6 months ago
@tv101 How are you planning on moving the shed-shop when you move over to the caravan for summer? It’s well nailed to the ground, it’s going nowhere. The front, back and roof of the old 6’x4′ hut will be moving… Read more»
-
Robin replied to the topic "Need some inspiration." – 5 years, 6 months ago
@tv101
How about a hollowed out body with a built in speaker so you can just pick up and play when you can’t be bothered to plug into an amp, or is that what an acoustic is for. -
Rocknroller912 replied to the topic "Need some inspiration." – 5 years, 6 months ago
@tv101
Laminated neck with a bandsman body shape and cap or drop top. Try something stupid with the electrics like wire the pick ups for stereo instead of mono. David Dyke has some good tops at the moment. - Load More