6 Users
16 Likes
GRIZMAYHEM@GMAIL.COM
(@grizmayhemgmail-com)
Active Member Customer
Rookie
Rep Points: 6
Topic starter  

I'm Griz, I live in Utah and I've been building guitars off and on for about ten years. I've been a woodworker my entire life so this was just a small excursion from my usual activites. I got started building guitars so I could have the guitar I wanted to play. As we know, they're like cars, if you're too particular about the features, the price goes up and up. My favorite guitars when I started this were Carvin guitars, especially their bolt neck strat-a-like. My first build was a kit from them. After a few others to refine my skills, I ended up building the guitar I wanted for my music, which included Carvin maple/ebony 12" neck, mahogany solid body (shaped like a Firebird, not that that matters), TOM/Stop, two humbuckers (PAF/JB not that I put any great stock in that particular combination). Those are the things that are important to how I play. I gigged with that ax for a few years and was content. Over the pandemic I've had the opportunity to start building again in a much better shop and my output has increased. At this point I'm on the hunt for good, inexpensive parts and that's what brought me here. Looks like there's centuries of wisdom and experience available on the forums and I'm looking forward to taking it all in.

Russ, swepri, Dan Hawkes and 1 people reacted
SomethingNicer
(@somethingnicer)
Trusted Member
Hobbyist
Rep Points: 82

hello from Texas! I’m pretty new here too, but I’ve found this to be a great community so far!

Russ, Robin and swepri reacted
ReplyQuote
swepri
(@swepri)
Honorable Member Customer
Luthier
Rep Points: 2556

@grizmayhemgmail-com Welcome! Yes, you can ask about anything and get great suggestions in this friendly forum.

Russ and Robin reacted
ReplyQuote
sogoslotvvip
(@sogoslotvvip)
Active Member Customer
Enthusiast
Rep Points: 34

Greetings! Looking forward to see more of your builds within the forum.. 😊Β 

ReplyQuote
Brian Walker
(@brie)
Reputable Member Customer
Semi Professional
Rep Points: 300

Welcome to the forums, I’m sure you will find the help and advice you need among the members and, with your experience, you’ll be able to share that with others. Look forward to seeing some of your work, past and present.

AwRaBest,

Brian👍😃🎸

ReplyQuote
Russ
 Russ
(@russ)
Illustrious Member Customer
Luthier
Rep Points: 28661

Welcome @grizmayhemgmail-com. You'll get all the help and advice you need here but I'm sure you've got a wealth of skills that you can help us with. Enjoy the ride. Cheers

🙏🎸🎶🙂

πŸ—οΈ "Life's what you make it"πŸ—οΈ

Robin reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: