-
cheesewhisk replied to the topic "A workshop was born" – 5 years, 8 months ago
@mattbeels well when you put it like that, what’s a bit more work right? The course is so well broken down into manageable chunks it makes it all seem doable.
-
cheesewhisk replied to the topic "A workshop was born" – 5 years, 8 months ago
@mattbeels still at the designing stage but I really would like to build an explorer, just not sure it’s that sane for a first build.
-
tv1 replied to the topic "1pm Today Guitar Making LIVE – Your Q's Answered!" – 5 years, 8 months ago
Agree with all of that @mattbeels. I’m not really sure why I sold that one 🤔
But I guess that’s the danger with selling guitars – sometimes you’ll sell one that you later regret selling … -
Boo replied to the topic "We have a new place to hangout …" – 5 years, 8 months ago
It worked well
@mattbeels @tv101 Yeah it did work well. It was just the two of us on the test but we could do with trying three or four people at a time, see how that works out.
-
tv1 replied to the topic "We have a new place to hangout …" – 5 years, 8 months ago
It worked well @mattbeels (I think – @boo?).
-
Boo replied to the topic "1pm Today Guitar Making LIVE – Your Q's Answered!" – 5 years, 8 months ago
What do you want to know @tv101 It’s not really the installation I’m thinking about, it’s the different types. I’ve read a little bit about them but I was just wondering if anyone here has any experience with them. @mattbeels… Read more»
-
Boo replied to the topic "BYOEG Online Bandsman 2" – 5 years, 8 months ago
Here’s how to wire a killswitch, I would go for B as the switch is always grounded and probably helps reduce popping…
@mattbeels This saves me a job, thanks Matt. 👍
-
Boo replied to the topic "BYOEG Online Bandsman 2" – 5 years, 8 months ago
In case you didn’t know, Shadow makes a Killpot, a momentary switch built into a pot. @mattbeels Thanks Matt, I didn’t know such a thing existed, I’ll store that info away for next time. This is my first kill switch… Read more»
-
Rocknroller912 replied to the topic "Ants in my Pants!" – 5 years, 9 months ago
@mattbeels I have a garage attached to the house and was thinking that a wood burning stove would be great, but it’s where I keep my motorbike with a 4 gallon petrol tank so probably not a good idea. The… Read more»
-
Boo replied to the topic "Ants in my Pants!" – 5 years, 9 months ago
btw, which BKP did you order?
Holy Diver? Nailbomb? Painkill-ah?@mattbeels Rebel Yell. (I shouldn’t shout about that too much, people may think I’m an insurrectionist 😳)
-
Rocknroller912 replied to the topic "Ants in my Pants!" – 5 years, 9 months ago
@mattbeels I live in SW Scotland about two hours from the Bailey workshop. It’s been below zero degrees since before Xmas so I’ve shifted small repairs into the kitchen. I have to keep instruments inside the house and also wood… Read more»
-
Boo replied to the topic "Ants in my Pants!" – 5 years, 9 months ago
A walk looking for bits that could help you with your CBG projects that is.
@mattbeels I’ve made a start, I’ve got a few shortbread/chocolate tins from Christmas that are candidates for CBG bodies. 😁
-
Boo replied to the topic "Ants in my Pants!" – 5 years, 9 months ago
What are you guys struggling with? @mattbeels I’m struggling with the waiting game. I have a load of stuff on order and there are one or two things that I need before I can move forward with my current build…. Read more»
-
Boo replied to the topic "Pickup covers" – 5 years, 9 months ago
But seriously, what was your idea to correct the bleed through? @mattbeels Thanks man. I never ended up correcting it, it labelled it as character. 🤣 The guy loved it that way too, thank goodness. My idea was to add… Read more»
-
tv1 replied to the topic "Been on a break …" – 5 years, 9 months ago
Cheers guys @russ @frocesterbill @mattbeels @rocknroller912 @clinton @e-den hertog Sandbags can be classed as hazardous waste after a flood as they may be contaminated with sewage, so be careful handling them. We’re not actually on mains sewage here, which… Read more»
-
Boo replied to the topic "BYOEG Online Bandsman 2" – 5 years, 9 months ago
I like the bumblebee pickup! @mattbeels Thanks man, this is a Bareknuckle Rebel Yell in yellow and black. It’s not for this guitar but it is going on another Bansman that I will be building when I’ve done this one…. Read more»
-
Boo replied to the topic "Your first rockconcert?" – 5 years, 9 months ago
But once they did that Wind of Change song, I tuned out…
@mattbeels You can’t beat a good ballad Matt, I love “Wind of Change”, it coming again, can you feel it? 😁
-
Boo replied to the topic "Building a guitar for my thesis for school." – 5 years, 9 months ago
Good job on the body design, it’s always nice to see an different/oddball shape!
@mattbeels Here, we accept you whatever body shape you are Matt. 🤣🤘
-
Boo replied to the topic "What would you like to see next?" – 5 years, 9 months ago
Your name could be Overbuilt Guitars
@mattbeels 🤣🤣 Or it could be “Smaller profit margin Guitars”
-
Rocknroller912 replied to the topic "Building a guitar for my thesis for school." – 5 years, 9 months ago
@mattbeels @eddie6string Melvyn was advertising the latest edition of his book earlier this year so it must be finished. He was also advertising his equipment for sale but most of it was gone by the time I contacted him last… Read more»
- Load More