Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Four piece acoustic back.

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I have acquired a really beautiful exotic ebony back and side set. Just joined the back and all is good but it came in 4 pieces. My question is do you need to use three centre seam strips ? One for each of the plate joints. I'm not sure if Mark is monitoring the community atm otherwise I'd send him an email or call. Anyone else come across this ?

TIA

Trying to make a living out of a hobby doesn't work 🙂

Bpower Bpower 03/08/2021 3:12 pm

I would say yes to the seam back graphs going up. There was ... I believe ... a live stream that mark talked about that and he showed a 3 piece back he had and it had two back graphs in it. It would just make fitting the ladder bracing a little more involved. Put a picture in when you have it done so people could see it. 🙂

2 Answers
Posted by: @mikeyrjiom

do you need to use three centre seam strips ?

Hi Mikey, If you mean the cross grain reinforcements on the internal side of the back then I would certainly recommend that you do this for all of the joints. It might make fitting the cross braces a bit more fiddly but it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Topic starter

Thanks for the quick reply @darrenking  I thought as much so will need some more bracing pieces then 🙂

Hope all is well with you

Mike

Trying to make a living out of a hobby doesn't work 🙂

Share: