10 Users
180 Likes
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Illustrious Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 34842

To start a new topic, you need to be at the "front page" of the section in which you want to start the topic.Β  By "section" I mean the categories that you see on the home page of the forum.

Then you should see an "Add Topic" button (red) towards the top of the screen, on the right.

@tv101 is today’s designated IT support assistant! Ask him anything! 😁

Make guitars, not war 🌍✌️🎸

mattbeels, tv1, Russ and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Illustrious Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 34842

I store my woods in the house now. @markbailey suggested taking a blank out to a cold workshop (in the winter) to work on and then bring it back in the house after working on it. I think it’s easier to regulate the temperature in a house than in an unheated or cooled workshop. If you are investing in some sort of temperature and humidity regulation in a workshop then certainly do your homework before storing wood. It’s definitely something I need to consider before moving my wood stash.Β 

Make guitars, not war 🌍✌️🎸

mattbeels, Russ, Robin and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
tv1
 tv1
(@tv101)
Illustrious Member Customer Registered
Luthier
Rep Points: 27896

If you are investing in some sort of temperature and humidity regulation in a workshop then certainly do your homework before storing wood.

My option is an air-source heat pump for the workshop.

Main benefit of that is that it would work as aircon in the summer, and heater in the winter, so I should be able to maintain a reasonably consistent temperature in the workshop.

Downside though was the cost, plus the on-going running cost.Β  Although the running cost is a lot less than running an electric rad out there, the payback period was several (many!) years ...

Online guitar making courses – guitarmaking.co.uk

mattbeels, Russ, Boo and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
rockpile99
(@rockpile99)
Reputable Member Customer
Semi Professional
Rep Points: 494

Welcome Steve

Building guitars sounds like a great retirement to me. πŸ™‚

Guitar making is the art and science of turning expensive wood into sawdust.

mattbeels, Russ, Robin and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: