Peter Johnson
(@peter-johnson)
Active Member Customer
Adept
Rep Points: 132
Topic starter  

Hi folks!

Just a few words about myself......

I'm 60 (61 in a few days, but still 24 in my head) and live in a small village in South Essex (UK). Started playing guitar at 12, been singing ever since I can remember. I guess I was always meant to be a musician.

I've been modifying and customizing guitars for years and built loads of partscasters but been wanting to do more for ages. I'm now in a position where that's possible and I'm in the process of planning and building a small workshop.

I'm also into electronics and have built pedals etc.

I subscribed to Marks Youtube channel ages ago, long before the livestreams started and have watched all his old videos. For some reason I was locked out of my YT account for quite some time but managed to get back in and catch up with all my subscriptions. I saw the backlog of livestreams I'd missed and managed to rearrange my day so I could watch live and take part.

So glad I did. I've found a great community and am really enjoying interacting with everybody else on chat.

Can't wait for the next one!

mattbeels, Peebee, Russ and 11 people reacted
tv1
 tv1
(@tv101)
Illustrious Member Customer Registered
Luthier
Rep Points: 27896

Welcome @peter-Johnson.

You’ve definitely found the right place if you’re planning on doing some complete builds.  There is a huge spread and depth of knowledge here, and all of it freely shared in supporting Mark’s vision!

Online guitar making courses – guitarmaking.co.uk

mattbeels, Russ, Peter Johnson and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Robin
(@robin)
Illustrious Member Customer
Luthier
Rep Points: 16819

built loads of partscasters 

Hi Peter, welcome to the group. When I first found Mark's livestreams I thought that I would build a partscaster and that would get it out of my system. Once I'd gathered the parts it was assembled and playing in mo time. Although its turned out to be a decent guitar, there was no great satisfaction in building it. I'm in the finishing stages of my first proper build now. Transforming planks of wood into guitar, now that's something special.

mattbeels, tv1, Russ and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Illustrious Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 34842

@peter-Johnson Welcome to the forum and to a fantastic platform of where to learn how to build guitars from scratch. I was the same as you, I have always tinkered with guitars, since I was a young teenager (a few decades ago now). I then bought a few kit guitars online but I soon got bored with that as it was just screwing everything together, not really guitar building. Sure, I finished them in oil or paint but I was soon itching to actually plan and build electric guitars from blanks, do all my own marking out, cutting out, routing etc. I found Mark’s website in an online search and signed up (this was before this forum was live). It turned out to be the best decision I made for learning guitar building. The courses are detailed, step by step videos containing every bit of info you need to design and construct an electric guitar (there is an acoustic course too). You get all the help you need here in the forum if you have any questions and as you know, the YouTube live streams are also informative and entertaining to boot. Get as involved as you like and it will be good to see and hear of anything you have done in the past as well as anything you are working on right now. Anything goes, you can talk about and upload pictures of anything guitar related, pedals, amps, electronics etc. It all adds to the ever enriching tapestry. Welcome! 

Make guitars, not war 🌍✌️🎸

mattbeels, Russ, Robin and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Peter Johnson
(@peter-johnson)
Active Member Customer
Adept
Rep Points: 132
Topic starter  

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, great to be here!

See you on the next livestream!

mattbeels, Russ, Robin and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Clinton
(@clinton)
Famed Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 4965

Aloha Peter

mattbeels, Russ, Peter Johnson and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: