12 Likes
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Illustrious Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 34842
Topic starter  

I’m so saddened to here about the death of Eddie Van Halen, he was (is) one of my biggest influences and icons of my teenage years (he still is). When I heard Van Halen, the first album, I was hooked and my passion for guitar has grown and grown. He is by no means my only guitar hero but he is one on a very short list of ultimate rock guitar players. I’m gutted beyond belief but life goes on and so does Eddie’s music and influence. Fly high Eddie. RIP EVH ❤️

EE5AFD11 56E9 4BAB 9071 10ADC1651590

Make guitars, not war 🌍✌️🎸

Russ, Deej, Russ and 1 people reacted
Deej
 Deej
(@deej)
Famed Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 10929

Eddie was the reason I picked up guitar in the first place..I can’t say how gutted I was to hear of his passing and I must admit a shed a tear or two. It gave me a chance to get the EVH Wolfgang out for a play...I sounded sh1t and a long way from the master but it made me feel a little better..

B0685512 53EA 4D0B 8281 9EDF03E6BC72

I have too many guitars...said no one in the world..ever!

Boo, Russ, Boo and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Illustrious Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 34842
Topic starter  

Eddie was the reason I picked up guitar in the first place..I can’t say how gutted I was to hear of his passing and I must admit a shed a tear or two. It gave me a chance to get the EVH Wolfgang out for a play...I sounded sh1t and a long way from the master but it made me feel a little better..

@deej Yeah me too, I was upset about it as he was also one of my biggest influences and the reason I wanted to play rock guitar. I also played (tried my best to play) some Van Halen and I’m still trying to get through Summer Nights off the 5150 album. 

That’s a nice EVH Wolfgang you got there, I hope to own one, one day. Or, I might have a go at making something similar. 

It’s good to see there are other Van Halen fans still around, I think there are a lot more of us then we think. Rock n Roll. 

Make guitars, not war 🌍✌️🎸

Russ, Deej, Russ and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: