9 Users
292 Likes
Peebee
(@peebee)
Estimable Member Customer
Luthier
Rep Points: 1416
Topic starter  

Been decorating the house this last week, keep going into the garage for tools etc and seeing my first build in progress, waiting for me to get back to it .....need to get on with it but another week of decorating ahead yet! Bugger!

Wish I had started making guitars in my twenties!

Give up the news folks, it’s liberating!

Robin, mattbeels, Russ and 9 people reacted
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Illustrious Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 34813

Been decorating the house this last week, keep going into the garage for tools etc and seeing my first build in progress, waiting for me to get back to it .....need to get on with it but another week of decorating ahead yet! Bugger!

@peebee Yeah I know the feeling, been there done that. 😂 

Me too. It would have been a lot more difficult back then though, we didn’t have the resources we have now. We would have had to do it the old fashioned way and get a job in a guitar factory or something like that. 😁

Make guitars, not war 🌍✌️🎸

Robin, Peebee, tv1 and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Deej
 Deej
(@deej)
Famed Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 10929

Me too. It would have been a lot more difficult back then though, we didn’t have the resources we have now.

Yep me too @boo @peebee plus I didn’t have the funds back then...

I have too many guitars...said no one in the world..ever!

Robin, Peebee, tv1 and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Illustrious Member
Luthier

plus I didn’t have the funds back then...

@deej True but I’m sure my dad would have funded it for me if I’d shown an interest in anything other than getting hammered and getting into trouble back then. 🤣

Robin, tv1, mattbeels and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Russ
 Russ
(@russ)
Illustrious Member Customer
Luthier
Rep Points: 28611

....need to get on with it but another week of decorating ahead yet! Bugger!

I totally understand it @peebee. It'll take me about 10years to do all the jobs in this house and garden. I just want to be able to focus on getting this guitar building off the ground. 

🎶🎸🙏🙂

🗝️ "Life's what you make it"🗝️

Robin, Peebee, Boo and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Deej
 Deej
(@deej)
Famed Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 10929

@deej True but I’m sure my dad would have funded it for me if I’d shown an interest in anything other than getting hammered and getting into trouble back then

Not the best state for using power tool @boo 🤣 but I’m with ya there....

I have too many guitars...said no one in the world..ever!

Robin, Boo, tv1 and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
tv1
 tv1
(@tv101)
Illustrious Member Customer Registered
Luthier
Rep Points: 27896

No point regretting what I did, or didn’t, do back in my 20s.

I’m just happy that I did my first Bailey workshop course in my 40s.

Hopefully that leaves me a few decades to have fun in the workshop, building stuff (not just guitars) ...

Online guitar making courses – guitarmaking.co.uk

Robin, mattbeels, Deej and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
tv1
 tv1
(@tv101)
Luthier

I feel your pain @peebee.  Our first house project of the year was to decorate the hall, stairs & landing.  To give an idea of the work involved, that included 15 doorways.

Having done that, my wife then decided that we should do the kitchen, repainting / refitting all the cupboards.

Once that’s done, spring will have sprung, and the garden will be taking a load of time .....

ReplyQuote
Russ
 Russ
(@russ)
Illustrious Member Customer
Luthier
Rep Points: 28611

To give an idea of the work involved, that included 15 doorways.

Do you live in a castle @tv101. 😂🤣 

🎶🎸🙏🙂

🗝️ "Life's what you make it"🗝️

Robin, mattbeels, Deej and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Illustrious Member
Luthier

Once that’s done, spring will have sprung, and the garden will be taking a load of time .....

@tv101 Indeed, I’ve already had people ringing me up, booking me for the new gardening season. It’s a good thing but it will diminish my guitar building time a bit. It will be a good balance actually and this is how I phase out of gardening and in to guitar building and painting instead (for money). 

ReplyQuote
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Illustrious Member
Luthier

Do you live in a castle @tv101.

@russ I think @tv101 lives in a palace, he is Prince Charles in disguise 🥸 

Robin, mattbeels, Deej and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
tv1
 tv1
(@tv101)
Luthier

It’s just a Victorian farmhouse @Russ - a formerly neglected Victorian farmhouse!  Lots of nooks & crannies.  And doorways!

ReplyQuote
tv1
 tv1
(@tv101)
Luthier

he is Prince Charles in disguise

You couldn’t pay me enough to do that job.  Poor man.  I don’t envy the  Royals at all.

ReplyQuote
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Illustrious Member
Luthier

You couldn’t pay me enough to do that job.  Poor man.  I don’t envy the  Royals at all.

@tv101 I agree totally. I’m not a royalist, certainly not in light of recent events. I won’t comment further. 

Robin, mattbeels, Deej and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Illustrious Member
Luthier

I won’t comment further. 

Other than to say, I think Harry is doing the right thing. 

Robin, mattbeels, Russ and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Peebee
(@peebee)
Luthier
Topic starter  

More kitchen today. Yep you're right the resources that have become available over the last few years make well anything much easier to research and get into. In my twenties I tried to play guitar, well younger than this, but never gave a thought to building them, I thought it was Fenders or Gibson's Job I suppose. And of course the garden will be the next project but I don't mind that to be honest. As TV says still a few years ahead of us to make some sawdust!

As for Prince Harry, current affair or politics, no comment - complete waste of energy. In 2012 I gave up all news, TV, Radio and written, it is the best thing I have ever done - its the media that makes the world seem bad - it isn't, as this forum / community proves. How many times do you hear people say after they have been away that the people there were great, like they were surprised - people generally are great and kind, its the media that makes out the world is going to hell in a handcart.

I am not a racist (but because I am white and English the media would have you believe I am) but I am a twatist, if your a twat you get no respect, end!

mattbeels, Deej, Russ and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Illustrious Member
Luthier

More kitchen today. Yep you're right the resources that have become available over the last few years make well anything much easier to research and get into. In my twenties I tried to play guitar, well younger than this, but never gave a thought to building them, I thought it was Fenders or Gibson's Job I suppose. And of course the garden will be the next project but I don't mind that to be honest. As TV says still a few years ahead of us to make some sawdust!

@peebee Oh no, not the kitchen. 😂 It’s good that we have guitar building to fall back on, whether it’s just for fun or something more serious. My gardening season is just about to get going for the season but at least that will help me recover a bit financially. Good luck with the kitchen, I hope you get it finished soon. 👍

mattbeels, Deej, Russ and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
tv1
 tv1
(@tv101)
Luthier

More kitchen today.

At least you're in the right place for the tea & biscuits

😉

ReplyQuote
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Illustrious Member
Luthier

As for Prince Harry, current affair or politics, no comment - complete waste of energy. In 2012 I gave up all news, TV, Radio and written, it is the best thing I have ever done - its the media that makes the world seem bad - it isn't, as this forum / community proves. How many times do you hear people say after they have been away that the people there were great, like they were surprised - people generally are great and kind, its the media that makes out the world is going to hell in a handcart.

I am not a racist (but because I am white and English the media would have you believe I am) but I am a twatist, if your a twat you get no respect, end!

@peebee Yeah, I need to stop referencing politics etc. I have done most of what you did, I closed down most of my social media because of all the news media warfare and have stopped watching TV news and viewing online news. It doesn’t do anyone any good and it’s not good for mental health. I don’t think every white person is racist but certain people within institutions are, I think that is the problem in this world. 

I just wish we could ALL get along, we all live on this big rock, floating through space and we are all human. The world could be a much better place if we are all kinder to each other. Ignore the media, live your life. Choose Life. 👍😁  

ReplyQuote
Peebee
(@peebee)
Luthier
Topic starter  

Well the Kitchen is nearly done, moved onto the dining room now, all joined together so cant do one without the other. 

@tv101 - Tea and biscuits is what we get at work if we've screwed up!

Here's a pic our the garden from last May as that is the next project.

20200520 201956

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: