First copy (serial ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

First copy (serial #2) of one of my original designs!!!

1 Posts
1 Users
5 Likes
Rathius
(@rathius)
Honorable Member
Crafter
Rep Points: 804
Topic starter  

I’m getting close to being finished with a guitar for the winner of the drawing I had months ago. It is a copy of my 3rd design I named Maria after my wife yet using a variation of her middle name, Marie. She liked the idea😁. But it’s been one of the biggest roller coaster rides of my life I’ll have to say. Making the neck went great and I sincerely believe Phil will be impressed. The body on the other hand has been a nightmare. A nightmare of my own creation. In an attempt to give this guy something truly special (I’m thinking at the time 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️) I pretty much ruined 2 bodies. Salvageable perhaps, well maybe one of those is, but depressing to say the least with both failures putting me in quite a spin for weeks on end. Ugh. Finally got over myself, retrieved the policy of only one new thing per build which I had tossed out the window for this build 🤦🏻‍♂️, and now am almost finished with the building process and am looking forward to completing the finish this weekend. 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 phew!

981FFADA 54B9 4BD0 A41E 6EA1789D94FA

Here’s the body currently. Tried to upload a video but too big.

Still have the carving on the back to do and between the neck and horns on the front & edge radius. Neck goes in after that, finish the trem routing, then get it ready for the finish. I plan to leave a 1/4” rounded unstained natural edge on the top. 

This topic was modified 2 months ago by Rathius

swepri, Robin, Brian Walker and 2 people reacted
Share: