11 Posts
7 Users
92 Likes
mark bailey
(@markbailey)
Admin
Guitar Making God
Topic starter  

Phew almost didn't make it - but here we are! Get in early so you don't miss the new INTRO!!!!

Measure twice, cut once...

Boo, Eddie6string, tv1 and 9 people reacted
mattbeels
(@mattbeels)
Illustrious Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 19074

I trust that you guys had a good time at the stream today? We had a family trip to the forest and so I wasn’t able to attend, I’ll catch up tonight or tomorrow!

Practice on scrap...

Boo, tv1, Russ and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Rocknroller912
(@rocknroller912)
Illustrious Member Customer
Luthier
Rep Points: 8383

@mattbeels

It was a good session today longest one ever I think nearly two hours. Your trip sounds good we are still not allowed to go anywhere.

Some people call me a tool, others are less complimentary. Tools being useful things.

Boo, tv1, Russ and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
mattbeels
(@mattbeels)
Illustrious Member
Luthier

@rocknroller912

we are still not allowed to go anywhere.

Say what?!?

Total lockdown as in stay in the house or at least on your property? How do you get sundries and such?

Practice on scrap...

Boo, tv1, Russ and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Rocknroller912
(@rocknroller912)
Luthier
Rep Points: 8383

@mattbeels

We are allowed out for essential food shopping only and there isn't much else open anyway. Even take away food shops are delivery only unless they have an outdoor serving hatch. Also for exercise which can be up to five miles from your home but home has to be the start and finish point, so you can't drive to the country and go for a walk. 

Some people call me a tool, others are less complimentary. Tools being useful things.

Boo, tv1, Robin and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
mattbeels
(@mattbeels)
Illustrious Member
Luthier

@rocknroller912

That sounds roughly what we have here. There are more places open then what would be considered essential but as our numbers are low I guess more and more places are slowly re-opening. 

But certain shops are 'click and collect' only which is nice but we haven’t really used them that much. But we are allowed to 'travel' a bit so a half an hour drive to some random forest for a couple of hours walk is a nice change of pace. Sorry you guys aren’t able to do that!

Practice on scrap...

Boo, Robin, tv1 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Robin
(@robin)
Luthier
Rep Points: 16819

We are allowed out for essential food shopping only and there isn't much else open anyway.

And we can't even stop off for a click and collect at Toolstation on the way home from a hospital appointment, even though its only 50 metres off the route. It seems that buying tools to build a guitar is classed as non essential, as someone said you only need a screwdriver. But I'm going for my covid vaccine tomorrow, that'll be like having a day out.

Boo, mattbeels, Russ and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
tv1
 tv1
(@tv101)
Illustrious Member Customer Registered
Luthier
Rep Points: 27896

That was an epic session today - thanks Mark for all the time put into that, and thanks to Carol too!

It was so long, that I had to eat my lunch whilst watching.  Don’t think anyone noticed though.

We are allowed out for essential food shopping only and there isn't much else open anyway. Even take away food shops are delivery only unless they have an outdoor serving hatch. Also for exercise which can be up to five miles from your home but home has to be the start and finish point, so you can't drive to the country and go for a walk. 

Apart from a fortnightly takeaway collection (the - only - decent restaurant within 10 miles started doing a takeaway service during lockdown1, and we committed to supporting them so they stay in business!), I’ve probably been “offsite” <20 times since lockdown1 started.

Cars to garage for MOTs, village petrol station for fuel (lawnmowers!), village shop to collect some fresh fish orders, postbox at the end of the lane and that’s about it ...

Online guitar making courses – guitarmaking.co.uk

Boo, mattbeels, Robin and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
tv1
 tv1
(@tv101)
Illustrious Member Customer Registered
Luthier
Rep Points: 27896

But I'm going for my covid vaccine tomorrow, that'll be like having a day out.

Hope that goes well @robin.  Spoke to my old mum earlier this eve - she had hers a couple of weeks ago, and had no reaction whatsoever.  Said the whole process was painless ....

Online guitar making courses – guitarmaking.co.uk

Boo, mattbeels, Robin and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Russ
 Russ
(@russ)
Luthier
Rep Points: 28658

Just caught up with today's live stream after having to leave early. Another great session. Enjoying watching the progress even though I'm no where near building a guitar yet. 

🙂🎸🙏🎶

🗝️ "Life's what you make it"🗝️

tv1, Boo, mattbeels and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Eddie6string
(@eddie6string)
Noble Member Customer
Luthier
Rep Points: 1551

Great session today!

Mark, please don't be too frustrated with the lack of practical in balance with the questions. 

They were excellent Qs and fascinating informative replies.

The same information may be on the tutorials,  but it's fun learning/confirming stuff along with the community live.

Great channel run by lovely people, it can only grow!!!

Warmness 

tv1, mattbeels, Russ and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: