Site Updates: Blue ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Site Updates: Blue is New, Like button moved - World Peace Ensues...

12 Posts
8 Users
57 Likes
mark bailey
(@markbailey)
Admin
Guitar Making God
Topic starter  

Hey Folks -

@robin and some others may have noticed some changesΒ  - yep the team have been busy updating the site and the like button has moved:

Hope u like the new look - I think the blue text is a bit more mellow/less angry than the red ... I'm hoping this small change will seep out into the wider world and have a butterfly like effect ultimately ending in world peace...let's see what happens...

Meanwhile - if you notice anything looking 'not quite as it should' or 'FUBAR' please let us know so we can fix it ASAP - THANKS!!

Measure twice, cut once...

Clinton, Boo, Koendb and 4 people reacted
Robin
(@robin)
Illustrious Member Customer
Luthier
Rep Points: 16819

@markbailey

Thanks Mark, yes I like the new layout, I hadn't noticed the thumbs up. I'm feeling more peaceful and mellowed already.

Koendb, Bpower, Boo and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Rocknroller912
(@rocknroller912)
Luthier
Rep Points: 8383

@markbailey

Sorry to be a wet blanket but I don’t like the new layout at all as I find the light blue text on a white background to be very difficult to read. Too stressful for me but at least the edit button works.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Rocknroller912

Some people call me a tool, others are less complimentary. Tools being useful things.

ReplyQuote
Russ
 Russ
(@russ)
Luthier
Rep Points: 28661

@markbailey.

Hi Mark, I like the wee thumbs up 👍 but is it possible to put it at the bottom of each post as I need to scroll back up to click on it after reading the text 🤔. No worries if it's not possible...... I'll still be at peace with the world 😁.Β 

🙂🎸🎶🙏

πŸ—οΈ "Life's what you make it"πŸ—οΈ

ReplyQuote
tv1
 tv1
(@tv101)
Illustrious Member Customer Registered
Luthier
Rep Points: 27896

Works for me - and blue is a cooler colour than red

πŸ˜‰

Online guitar making courses – guitarmaking.co.uk

Koendb, Bpower, Boo and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Russ
 Russ
(@russ)
Luthier

Posted by: @russ

but is it possible to put it at the bottom of each post as I need to scroll back up to click on it after reading the text

@markbailey

Just realised that it's only a problem on my mobile Mark. All is fine on my laptop.Β 

🎸🎶🙏🙂

Koendb, tv1, Bpower and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Illustrious Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 34842

@markbailey What’s going on? I’ve been away for a couple of months and everything has changed (I don’t like change), everything’s moved and things have turned blue. No, no, no, no, no! This will not do, put it back immediately! 😂Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

It fine, it looks good. I like blue, now that I live in Scotland, it’s the colour of my flag now. 💙🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🤘😜🤘🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿💙Β 

Β 

I’m rather busy sorting out my new home and workshops so not had too much time to spend making guitars or commenting on here. I’ve got a lot of work to do here and any help would be much appreciated. 😉 I’ve got more workshop room than I know what to do with, it’s insane. I don’t know how to plan it all out, a lot of head scratching is going on.Β 

I have no internet connection at the house yet, no standard broadband is physically available, no adsl, no fibre, not even a 4G signal. I have commissioned a satellite broadband company to come and install a big satellite dish to the side of one of my buildings and wire in a modem. I can then connect a wireless router to it so I can connect all my usual computer devices to it as normal. It’s a bit of a pain and it’s more expensive but needs must.Β 

I’ll be more engaging again once I can get online regularly. Right now, if I want to go online, I have to drive three miles down the road to pick up a 4G signal. Fun and games. 😂Β 

I hope everyone is ok.Β 

See you soon.

Make guitars, not war 🌍✌️🎸

Koendb, tv1, Russ and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
tv1
 tv1
(@tv101)
Luthier

I have commissioned a satellite broadband company

@Boo - Starlink I hope?

I've been using them since the beginning of the year.Β  Regularly >200mbs down speed, no data caps, no noticeable lag, and rock solid connection.

👍

Koendb, Robin and Russ reacted
ReplyQuote
Jozef Behr
(@jozefbehr)
Estimable Member Customer
Adept
Rep Points: 167

I have no idea about this , now checked ..

Jozef Behr

tv1, Robin, Boo and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Wayne_F
(@wayne_f)
Reputable Member
Technician
Rep Points: 631

As soon as I logged in I thought to myself "oh, wow. New design!" I like it. If I hadn't read this post I probably would have spent a minute or so looking for the lost "like" button haha.Β 

Koendb, tv1, Boo and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Russ
 Russ
(@russ)
Luthier

@markbailey.

Thank you for having moved the wee thumbs up 👍 to the bottom of the posts Mark. It does make it much easier for my small brain. 🤣

Cheers,

Russ

🙏🎸🙂🎶

Koendb, tv1, Robin and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
tv1
 tv1
(@tv101)
Luthier

Posted by: @russ

Thank you for having moved the wee thumbs up 👍 to the bottom of the posts Mark. It does make it much easier for my small brain. 🤣

So it did get moved!

I thought I was going mad earlier trying to work out where it was, and then wondering whether I was losing my memory ...

πŸ˜€

Koendb, Russ and Robin reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: