Rosette / Circle Cutter With Presets

5 Posts
2 Users
4 Likes
Anonymous 7871
(@Anonymous 7871)
New Member Guest
Topic starter  

I became frustrated with traditional rosette/circle cutters so I came up with this & thought I would share it so you can make your own. With this design you don’t have to repeatedly adjust the position of the blade in relation to the pivot to adjust the diameter of the circles, instead of the blade moving, the pivot moves along a line of pivot holes, the distance between the holes & the blade tip is pre-set to the radius of the circles to be cut.

Instead of having to remove, turn around & adjust the depth of the blade to have the flat side of it on the correct side of the cut (to have a 90 degree “cliff“cut on either the outside or inside of the circle) you turn the whole cutter around 180 degrees & use the holes on the other side of the blade, then spin the cutter in the reserve direction. Each pivot hole is numbered in the order I use them for each rosette. This design saves time, gives precise repeatable cuts & is simple to make. I cant seem to figure out how to attach pictures so Ive posted a link to my blog.

https://www.stefankellyguitars.com/2019/10/04/preset-circle-cutter-for-rosettes/

www.stefankellyguitars.com

This topic was modified 4 years ago by Anonymous

mark bailey
(@markbailey)
Admin
Guitar Making God

Cheers Stefan!

Taking the Lollypop stick method to the extreme! RAR...BTW you should be able to add images now you have been 'approved'...would love to see them here ? 

Measure twice, cut once...

ReplyQuote
Anonymous 7871
(@Anonymous 7871)
New Member Guest
Topic starter  

Thanks Mark!, Id like to post pictures but I dont seem to have the option & I cant seem to find any way of contacting a moderator to find out how.

ReplyQuote
mark bailey
(@markbailey)
Admin
Guitar Making God

@stefankelly

Try this:

https://guitarmaking.co.uk/community/annoucements/how-to-upload-images-videos/

if that still doesn't work for you please let me know as we are having a 'few' glitches right now! ?

Measure twice, cut once...

ReplyQuote
Anonymous 7871
(@Anonymous 7871)
New Member Guest
Topic starter  
70657159 644528206041237 3958936360500330496 n
70184838 644528346041223 1304303051498061824 o
Tr49710
Nl28662
This post was modified 4 years ago by Anonymous

ReplyQuote