27 Posts
8 Users
202 Likes
darrenking
(@darrenking)
Famed Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 5112

DeWalt 621 is a great little router and probably has the best dust extraction of any that I have ever used including my Festool routers. If you see one in good condition on eBay snap it up.

Darren

tv1, mattbeels, Boo and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
darrenking
(@darrenking)
Famed Member
Luthier

Hi Matt, I have to agree that Festool stuff is sodding expensive but it is designed for professional use and it is far from being just a posh labelling exercise. I would find it pretty much impossible to operate my business without certain Festool equipment, especially the random orbit sanders. £400+ for a sander sounds absolutely mad unless it has to work 5-8 hours a day for months on end producing a first class finish in as little time as possible. Just look at the prices that even beaten up old Festool gear achieves on eBay. There is a reason that it’s in demand and it’s not that there are loads of mugs out there.

Cheers

Darren

tv1, mattbeels, Boo and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Bill Flude
(@frocesterbill)
Famed Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 3827

Got to agree with Darren about sanders - I've got a Mirka - obscene price at around £400 but totally brilliant - Mark uses one as well!

Measure once........
Measure again.........
Sod it - make tea!

tv1, mattbeels, Boo and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
mattbeels
(@mattbeels)
Illustrious Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 19074

@darrenking

I was just having a bit of fun, I know Festool makes great stuff. A few years ago I helped out a neighbor at his furniture shop and got to use some of their routers and sanders so I’m well aware how awesome they are, I’m just bummed that I can’t better afford them 😂

Practice on scrap...

tv1, Russ, tv1 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
mattbeels
(@mattbeels)
Illustrious Member
Luthier

@darrenking

BTW, per our previous conversation about making custom templates I’ve got a designer whipping up the first one now and so will have a file ready to send to you soon. Shall I use your email from your website?

Cheers!

Practice on scrap...

ReplyQuote
darrenking
(@darrenking)
Famed Member
Luthier

Hi Matt, send the files to darren.king@bagpress.com.

Do you know what app your designer is using to draw the plan? Best file types for me are .ai, .pdf or .dwg (LT2000 version). Also if you can get him to include a dimension check box somewhere that would be great eg just a 100mm x 500mm hairline rectangle so that I can check that no dimensions have morphed in translation.

Cheers

Darren

tv1, Robin, mattbeels and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
mattbeels
(@mattbeels)
Illustrious Member
Luthier

@darrenking

Thanks Darren, I’ll pass that info on...

🤘🤘

Practice on scrap...

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: