386 Likes
Bill Flude
(@frocesterbill)
Famed Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 3827
Topic starter  
Posted by: @

I have loads of amps and cabs to choose from but have probably 10 that I use most of the time - there are a full set of amp knobs so that you can tweak in real time - the editor runs on PC or iPad for deeper editing. Β  I really like being able to get a brilliant sound at low volumes but can also rattle the windows.....

Measure once........
Measure again.........
Sod it - make tea!

Boo, tv1, Deej and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Illustrious Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 34842

What are you using to make a noise?

@frocesterbill I also bought a Spark recently but not really used it yet.Β 

BA201A41 359B 4267 BFE3 AEEBB0728B68
DE301A2F B71D 4A12 BC01 C784FE0C7EA0
ECD2B1F6 4F50 44BB A318 36633F05F85A

Make guitars, not war 🌍✌️🎸

Russ, Deej, tv1 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Illustrious Member
Luthier

@frocesterbill I use my Blackstar occasionally too.Β 

3DAFBC9E 14CE 4A6E B825 85E487E00FEB

Russ, Deej, tv1 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Deej
 Deej
(@deej)
Famed Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 10929

@johnnierox-boo Nice amps..I’d be interested to know how the spark goes once you get into it. I have Bias App on my iPad and iPhone and use an Apogee jam to hook up the guitar.Β 

I have a great electric travel guitar that I use when I used to stay away for work (pre COVID..) and the sounds where amazing in the app. It would be interesting to see if the spark improves in that.

I have too many guitars...said no one in the world..ever!

Boo and Boo reacted
ReplyQuote
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Illustrious Member
Luthier

It would be interesting to see if the spark improves in that.

@deej Yeah I started with using bias on my iPad (and yes it is very good) and when they released the Spark I just had to order one. It took ages for it to come through (just before Covid) and when it did, I didn’t open the box for a couple of weeks. It was really busy and still am in a different way now but I really do need to make time to play around with this little beauty of a modern amp. Really I think it’s an effects unit so if it’s put through a bigger amp it could well sound amazing. I’ve got a lot of work ahead of me but I’ll try and book some time to do a demo.Β 

Deej and Deej reacted
ReplyQuote
Deej
 Deej
(@deej)
Famed Member
Luthier

I’ve got a lot of work ahead of me but I’ll try and book some time to do a demo.Β 

I look forward to see how it sounds.

Boo and Boo reacted
ReplyQuote
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Illustrious Member
Luthier

Here are some of my effects pedals/unitsΒ 

I have some old ones and new. I’m not a brilliant player so I do what most people do, buy more gear! I like playing with modulation effects a lot, delay, chorus flanger etc.

Β 

30EAAAFE A44D 4A64 ABC5 4BEB250A57DB
B45AE98C 95E9 4B47 93F9 E60100ACB98C
2FC29EDB 65BB 4EED 818D FC8F1B8943AE
8F0FF647 CDF2 4C6D B7F2 E3A10E1FCD7C
E06482AF C672 4ADD AB6E 6D1940CC2848
DB2306F2 AB94 4916 9859 738C88007740
AA31FBEA 42ED 4D91 BA78 3EBAA5B284C8

Russ, tv1, Deej and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Deej
 Deej
(@deej)
Famed Member
Luthier

Nice @johnnierox-boo been tempted with the Freqout pedal myself..

Boo and Boo reacted
ReplyQuote
tv1
 tv1
(@tv101)
Illustrious Member Customer Registered
Luthier
Rep Points: 27896

Roland GR20 Synth anyone?

It was Mr Deej asking a different question on a different topic that reminded me.

I've been through a few midi outputting guitars (started with a Brian Moore something, then a Godin XTSA, then a Godin ACS SA - all now gone), but now I've just got my Bailey Custom Build to drive the synth.

Though the GR20 lives most of its life in a cupboard.Β  It was an impulse buy many years ago.Β  I think I was in a shop where someone was demo-ing it, and I just thought "wow" that'd be fun!

Online guitar making courses – guitarmaking.co.uk

Boo, Deej, Boo and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Edwin
(@e-den-hertog)
Honorable Member
Technician
Rep Points: 658

I'm plugging into a Laney TT50 combo. Great amp..... 3-channels, full midi-switching and loud as..... Well, not directly... In between is a pedal board with a GLAB GSC-4 midi looper/switcher, volume pedal, wah and a bunch of Mooer stuff: Comp, OD, dist, pitch, flanger, booster. And a Line6 M5 in the effects loop for delay duty.

Very versatile setup, I can change sounds from crystal clean with chorus and delay to a heavy lead sound with slight detune, delay and volume boost by hitting one button....

Measure once, cut straight away and maybe you're lucky......

Russ, Deej, Boo and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
darrenking
(@darrenking)
Famed Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 5112

Hey, welcome to the β€˜1000 club’ Bill, what took you? 🤣Β 

Darren

Deej, Bill Flude, Boo and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
tv1
 tv1
(@tv101)
Luthier

@darrenking

Hey, welcome to the β€˜1000 club’ Bill, what took you?

You're still only in the "1,000 club" ???

Β 

I reckon @johnnierox-boo has hacked the system and found a secret store of points that always keeps him a few hundred ahead of everyone else ...

Deej, Boo, Deej and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Illustrious Member
Luthier

I reckon @johnnierox-boo has hacked the system and found a secret store of points that always keeps him a few hundred ahead of everyone else ...

@tv1010101 You didn’t think I was gonna make it easy for you, did ya!Β 

It’s tough at the top, are you sure you could handle the pressure?Β 

So long as we are all learning, enjoying building guitars And helping each other out, that’s all that matters. Rock n RollΒ 

Deej, Bill Flude, tv1 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
darrenking
(@darrenking)
Famed Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 5112

I think that some people (mentioning no names!) are going through every single post that there has ever been and 'liking' them! It's a point or two each time I believe!

I am not sure what would happen if we all cashed our points in at Mark's shop! Has anyone ever done this? What are they worth? I didn't even realise this was a 'thing' until Mark mentioned it in a live stream recently.

Deej, Bill Flude, tv1 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Illustrious Member
Luthier

I am not sure what would happen if we all cashed our points in at Mark's shop! Has anyone ever done this? What are they worth? I didn't even realise this was a 'thing' until Mark mentioned it in a live stream recently.

@darrenking I’m not even sure how one goes about doing it Darren, I know we can all β€œgift” some points to other members but not sure how to cash them in to spend in the shop. I wonder if my points would buy me one of your jigs?Β 

ReplyQuote
tv1
 tv1
(@tv101)
Luthier

I think that some people (mentioning no names!) are going through every single post that there has ever been and 'liking' them! It's a point or two each time I believe!

@darrenking @johnnierox-boo

Mark explained - briefly - in one of his live sessions that there are TWO types of points.Β 

The points that we award each other here - our "rep" points - are just a bit of fun.Β  It's a technique that forum operators use to encourage participation from their members.Β  Every reply we post is earns a point.Β  Every like earns a point.Β  Every answer to a Q earns a point, etc.

And yes, some of us are a little competitive - 😉 - but it all encourages more comments and inputs, so all goes towards making this a more active forum (which, I think, is a good thing ultimately for Mark).

The "hero" points are something different, and it's those that Mark said can be traded for discounts in his shop.Β  That's the Green Shield Stamps model (for those old enough to remember!).Β  Hero points are a little harder to accumulate!

ReplyQuote
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Illustrious Member
Luthier

The "hero" points are something different, and it's those that Mark said can be traded for discounts in his shop.

@tv1010101 Yeah the β€œhero” points used to be displayed but they have recently disappeared. How do we know how many we have and how to cash them in?Β 

ReplyQuote
tv1
 tv1
(@tv101)
Luthier

@johnnierox-boo

Yeah the β€œhero” points used to be displayed but they have recently disappeared.

I stumbled across them once, at the end of a dark forum alley and thought that they were hidden away a bit.Β 

Not sure I could find them again ... indeed, having just had a quick look, I couldn't!

Β 

ReplyQuote
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Illustrious Member
Luthier

Not sure I could find them again ... indeed, having just had a quick look, I couldn't!

@tv1010101 I wonder if there is a prize for the first one to find the Hero points.Β 

Deej, Bill Flude, Deej and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Russ
 Russ
(@russ)
Illustrious Member Customer
Luthier
Rep Points: 28661

IMG 20200923 134604

This was the First Amp that I got second hand back in 1983. A Laney Mighty Eight. It didn't work when I got it but I had a very handy big brother who fixed it.... still working to this day. 🎸🎶✌️😀

πŸ—οΈ "Life's what you make it"πŸ—οΈ

Boo, Bill Flude, Boo and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 4
Share: