7 Users
102 Likes
steveadams
(@steveadams)
Prominent Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 1060
Topic starter  

No need to wait...the sequel is here.....

Love to hear your thoughts..

Cheers

Steve

tv1, Boo, Russ and 11 people reacted
Bpower
(@bpower)
Noble Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 3851

Man @steveadams. My opinion is.... that is fantastic. I think it came on absolutely great. That little blemish on the black white black I wouldn't even worry about. In my mind, those are the tell tail signs that it was hand made. We may strive for perfection with zero mistakes but I think those little blemishes add class and character. Call that a win and continue on with the build. Great job and great solution to a problem.  

tv1, Boo, Russ and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Rocknroller912
(@rocknroller912)
Illustrious Member Customer
Luthier
Rep Points: 8383

@steveadams 

I have to agree with @bpower it’s hand made so there will always be things that show this especially on a first build. Regarding blemishes on the white, is it worn through or dirt which has stuck with super glue and could be gently scraped. 
Don’t lose sight of the end game, it’s to make an instrument that plays well.

Some people call me a tool, others are less complimentary. Tools being useful things.

tv1, Boo, Russ and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Koendb
(@koendb)
Famed Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 11547

@steveadams I think that rescue looks really good! I agree with @bpower and @rocknroller912.

tv1, Boo, Russ and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Tej
 Tej
(@tej)
Famed Member Customer
Luthier
Rep Points: 5385

@steveadams, nice work, you done a cracking job of that. Well done for persevering. A little hard to see the finished result as the camera at the end, or equally possibly my eyes, were a little blurry. Where you pointed out the bit that still not spot on, ultimately it comes down to whether that’s going to be the thing you see every time you pick up that guitar or not. I think painting is likely your best/safest option if you have crazy fine brushes and a very steady hand and somehow any patience left too. All down to whether you’re content with it really, presuming the instrument is for you!

…on an elaborate journey to turn trees into music.

tv1, Boo, Russ and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
steveadams
(@steveadams)
Prominent Member
Luthier
Topic starter  

Hey Guys

many thanks for all your replies and thoughts...

I'll take a close up photo and send it over...

The initial plan was for the guitar to be just for me, however, the possibility came up that someone may buy it...and for reasons like this I told them I would make a decision when it's finised if I feel it's up to scratch so let's see...

Onto Kerf lining next...

If it's keeping people out of mischief I'll make some more videos, but please let me know if it gets boring etc...

cheers

Steve

tv1, Boo, Rocknroller912 and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Russ
 Russ
(@russ)
Luthier
Rep Points: 28611

@steveadams

Great rescue job Steve. It's been a great learning experience for you and for us. Thanks for sharing it again. 

🎸🙏🎶🙂

🗝️ "Life's what you make it"🗝️

tv1, Boo, Rocknroller912 and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Rocknroller912
(@rocknroller912)
Luthier
Rep Points: 8383

@steveadams

Your videos are never boring, and since I got a new iPad I can even get them on full screen.

Some people call me a tool, others are less complimentary. Tools being useful things.

tv1, Boo, Koendb and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
tv1
 tv1
(@tv101)
Illustrious Member Customer Registered
Luthier
Rep Points: 27896

Excellent save.

I've just emotion-surfed, from the tears of "it's gone wrong" to the almost-a-smile of "hey guys, what do you think".

Personally, I prefer the rosewood rosette to the celtic inlay rubber thingy rosette.  Much classier, IMHO.  Simple, understated, but real.  And - as you said on an earlier video - the rosewood of the rosette will match the rosewood of the other parts of the guitar.  Yup, much better rosette now.

Or "rossette" if you prefer

🤣

If you get through the rest of the build without encountering another "learning opportunity" then you'll be doing way better than most of us!

Congrats Steve.  

Now, where's the next instalment ....

Online guitar making courses – guitarmaking.co.uk

Boo, Koendb, Tej and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
steveadams
(@steveadams)
Prominent Member
Luthier
Topic starter  

hey thanks TV

am definitely on a rollercoaster...I've been colour grading the dits to hide my tan too....didnt want to rub it in!!!

Editing the next video and will be up later

cheers

Steve

tv1, Boo, Rocknroller912 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: