2 Users
24 Likes
Rathius
(@rathius)
Honorable Member
Crafter
Rep Points: 804
Topic starter  

I drew up this design last Friday. Already had the headstock and body shape so drawing the other parts was the most time consuming. Still knocked it out in about 3 - 4 hours. Lot less than previous designs. First one took 2 months, second took about a week.Β 

The neck lines aren’t drawn very dark so may be hard to see it.

BB018BDA DF41 4BC7 B27D 79ACCAEC8BCA
0740C94D 4AA9 40D1 9E65 4C8B7905911E

This is the P-2 model. The model name comes from what inspired the design. The P in this case stands for β€œpickguard”. The second picture. The 2 is for double-cut.Β 

I used my hand for the headstock shape. I call it the Rock β€˜n Roll headstock. 😁🤣🤣🤣🤣 Yeah I know, my crazy just continues to seep out. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

mattbeels, Boo, Alexander Zingman and 7 people reacted
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Illustrious Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 34842

Posted by: @rathius

I drew up this design last Friday. Already had the headstock and body shape so drawing the other parts was the most time consuming. Still knocked it out in about 3 - 4 hours. Lot less than previous designs. First one took 2 months, second took about a week.Β 

@rathius Yeah, someone is having fun with designing. 🤘😝🤘Β 

Keep going man. 👍

Make guitars, not war 🌍✌️🎸

mattbeels, Russ, Robin and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Rathius
(@rathius)
Honorable Member
Crafter
Rep Points: 804
Topic starter  

@boo lol that I am

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I can’t help it. I see things and, β€œoh that would look good with strings on it.” 😂😂😂

It is a lot of fun I must admit. This one and the other design I showed off a couple of weeks ago I do plan to build. The first one I showed you guys a few months ago got tossed. It was going to be too big.

mattbeels, Russ, Robin and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: