Rathius
(@rathius)
Honorable Member
Crafter
Rep Points: 804
Topic starter  
DAFD7D90 3DF3 40B8 A2CE 5D4C328E3A41
60234629 E14C 490C AFF2 F5675781FCA2

Got a little ahead of things and still have cavities to create. The neck shown isn’t the neck for this body but the headstock cut is. This was a paddle headstock that needed cutting so why not give the design a try on this neck. I like it.

The body design was inspired from the G font my logo is in. (Added the pic of the G after Robin replied. Meant to do it before though and forgot 🤦🏼‍♂️) I’ve decided to name the design after my dad, so this is The CW. His name was Clark Wayne Glasscock and he went by C.W. I’m naming it after him because if not for what I learned working for him in his body shop I wouldn’t have built my first kit guitar. Now here I am scheduled to have a booth set up next to the stage at a 4 day art and music festival, then unveiling my 2 original designs on the third day of said festival (rock music day and I get the hour before the music starts that day) and possibly presenting a representative for the Guitars for Vets organization with a Flying V I’ve been reworking for them for free.

Thanks Mark, I do hope to make it to your shop some day. Would love to thank you in person for what you’ve taught me. 🙏🏻

mattbeels, cattytown, Russ and 11 people reacted
Robin
(@robin)
Illustrious Member Customer
Luthier
Rep Points: 16819

@rathius

Thats cool looking unique shape. When is your festival, keep us posted as to how that goes.

mattbeels, Russ, Boo and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Rathius
(@rathius)
Honorable Member
Crafter
Topic starter  

@robin here’s the flyer they’ve created. At the bottom you’ll see Glasscock Custom Electric Guitars listed as a vendor. 😁 My big day is June 11th.

6FCB80FD 7C58 42B4 AC0F 30EE164084EA

mattbeels, Robin, Russ and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Rocknroller912
(@rocknroller912)
Illustrious Member Customer
Luthier
Rep Points: 8383

@rathius 

Your body shape is very original I’ve never seen one like it before.

Some people call me a tool, others are less complimentary. Tools being useful things.

mattbeels, Robin, Russ and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Rathius
(@rathius)
Honorable Member
Crafter
Topic starter  

@rocknroller912 thank you, that’s exactly what I was shooting for. I’ve had a few people tell me it makes them think of images of the anatomical heart. I plan to use that in my marketing, after all, “if you really want to play from the heart then you need to play a CW guitar”. 😉

mattbeels, Robin, Russ and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: