Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] One Piece Neck and truss rods.

2 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter

Besides the bolt-on course, I also watched the 'How to Make a One Piece Bolt On Guitar Neck with Skunk Stripe' on Youtube because I happen to have a maple blank for a one piece neck laying on my shelf for quite a while and I plan to put it to use at some point in time.
In the video Mark is using a single action truss rod and puts a curve in the slot. Do you need a curve in the slot if you use a double action truss rod?
Or perhaps, I should ask, is there a reason why Mark used a single action truss rod in the one piece neck instead of a double action one?

1 Answer
Posted by: @koendb

Do you need a curve in the slot if you use a double action truss rod?
Or perhaps, I should ask, is there a reason why Mark used a single action truss rod in the one piece neck instead of a double action one?

The two way truss rod goes into a flat slot in the front. It is hidden by the fretboard. So you need a fretboard...but it is easier but more expensive!

With the skunk stripe the slot goes in from the back so no separate fretboard is needed. The two way doesn't fit from the back - at least I have not found a way to do it...

Hope that helps!

Measure twice, cut once...

Koendb Topic starter 20/04/2021 1:23 pm

Right! That makes sense now! Good to know , Thanks Mark!

Share: