5 Users
200 Likes
Jonathan Hodgson
(@jonhodgson)
Noble Member Customer
Luthier
Rep Points: 2035

@boo

It could be you have Indian ebony, which is similar to Indian rosewood on the Janka hardness scale, but it's very much the exception.

I haven't tried working the Sundari yet, but in terms of appearance and feel, once it's on the guitar with a dose of Fretboard restorative on it I don't think anybody other than a true wood aficionado will know it's not rosewood.

Β 

mattbeels, cheesewhisk, Russ and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Illustrious Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 34842

It could be you have Indian ebony, which is similar to Indian rosewood on the Janka hardness scale, but it's very much the exception.

I haven't tried working the Sundari yet, but in terms of appearance and feel, once it's on the guitar with a dose of Fretboard restorative on it I don't think anybody other than a true wood aficionado will know it's not rosewood.

@jonhodgson I didn’t know that about Indian Ebony, thanks for the info. 👍Β 

The Sundari sounds amazing k I’m gonna have to try some now.Β 

Make guitars, not war 🌍✌️🎸

mattbeels, cheesewhisk, Russ and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Rocknroller912
(@rocknroller912)
Illustrious Member Customer
Luthier
Rep Points: 8383

@cheesewhisk

One tip I learned for handling small parts like dots, when doing jewellery making classes, is to use blue tack or similar for holding. My method now is small stick or dowel, blue tack, dot, then push into the hole. I’m the worlds worst person for super gluing my fingers together so it works for me. Remove the blue tack then tap the stick lightly to seat the dot.

Some people call me a tool, others are less complimentary. Tools being useful things.

mattbeels, Tej, cheesewhisk and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: