Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Has anyone in the UK ordered from Stewmac this year?  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

Jonathan Hodgson
(@jonhodgson)
Technician
Rep Points: 612
07/02/2021 12:02 am  

Daaaaang, that’s some expensive paint! 
I didn’t really think about it from your other post about SM but doesn’t anyone in the UK have shielding paint?!?

Crimson do it, RS have a spray lacquer, I'm sure there are others.

They're all expensive though, and for the amount he's got the StewMac seems to be a pretty good price, depends how many guitars you're going to build.

Chris at Highline Guitars makes his own, just graphite lubricant and acrylic paint. I'll have to give it a try

tv1, Robin, mattbeels and 2 people liked
ReplyReplyQuote
Robin
(@robin)
Luthier
Rep Points: 5025
07/02/2021 9:51 am  

@mattbeels 

Daaaaang, that’s some expensive paint! 
I didn’t really think about it from your other post about SM but doesn’t anyone in the UK have shielding paint?!?

I saw some shielding paint on Custom Guitars, but at £9.95 for a 30ml bottle. Thats about 3 times more expensive than Stewmac.

@boo, decant yours into little bottles and sell it.

tv1, mattbeels, Boo and 1 people liked
ReplyReplyQuote
Russ
 Russ
(@russ)
Luthier
Rep Points: 8440
07/02/2021 2:58 pm  

It all seems a bit hit or miss when buying from America, not just from Stewmac. Sometimes there are import taxes and sometimes not. I have noticed that the cost of imports from Europe are now about four times as much since our exit. 😕 

🎸🎶🙂🙏

tv1, Boo, mattbeels and 2 people liked
ReplyReplyQuote
Rocknroller912
(@rocknroller912)
Luthier
Rep Points: 1526
07/02/2021 6:21 pm  

@russ

Sadly problems with buying and selling from Europe were all predictable to people who had experience and knew how the system worked but politicians glossed over the truth because they are never concerned with details only policy.

tv1, Boo, mattbeels and 1 people liked
ReplyReplyQuote
Chrisot
(@chrisot)
Enthusiast
Rep Points: 35
10/02/2021 4:05 pm  

Yes I just received an order yesterday. It took about 21/2 weeks to arrive but there was no vat or import duty to pay. Goods value was about $130. I think I got away with it this time! Usually 20% vat + duty.

mattbeels, tv1, Russ and 1 people liked
ReplyReplyQuote
ali sami farooq
(@alisamifarooq)
Rookie
Rep Points: 15
23/02/2021 5:09 am  

Hello this side Ali Sami Farooq, I'm also thinking about the order the same. I try to buy offline in the market but i not able to found the same quality.

tv1, mattbeels, Russ and 1 people liked
ReplyReplyQuote
ali sami farooq
(@alisamifarooq)
Rookie
Rep Points: 15
08/03/2021 5:49 am  

No brother , this year i did not order Stewmac this year, but one of my friend is talikig about the purchase it  ~ Ali Sami Farooq

Russ, mattbeels and Boo liked
ReplyReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2