660 Likes
Russ
 Russ
(@russ)
Illustrious Member Customer
Luthier
Rep Points: 28651
Topic starter  

Hey Peeps. My original idea was to just create a wee library of books that are available....... I'm sure that people could find reviews of the ones they are interested in out there somewhere...... although I can see that it would be a great advantage to us all to have it all here. ✌️Β 

🎸🎶🙏🙂

πŸ—οΈ "Life's what you make it"πŸ—οΈ

tv1, Deej, mattbeels and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
tv1
 tv1
(@tv101)
Illustrious Member Customer Registered
Luthier
Rep Points: 27896

Nice and subtle, I like that...

I was aiming for simple and straightforward @mattbeels.Β 

It wasn't actually intended as a dig at anyone.Β 

I believe (I did look into it all a while ago, but forget the precise details) that this forum runs as a plug-in to a wordpress site.Β  the plugin is pretty basic and limited, but it's also free.Β  There's little that Mark or his site admin can do re the functionality of the forum, other than some simple config options, as they're entirely dependent on whoever provides the plugin.

The edit button might be a config option, or it might be that the dev broke it whenever the last release was.

Β 

And..... Thanks for passing the buck! 😳

Errrr, not really @Boo, that's now how I intended it to read.

There's no point in us each doing our own different thing, and you've obviously put some thought into what you think it should be and how it should work.Β  It's undeniably a neater (technically) solution than the simple list-with-hyperlinks that I had in mind.

😀

Online guitar making courses – guitarmaking.co.uk

Deej, mattbeels, Robin and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Rocknroller912
(@rocknroller912)
Luthier
Rep Points: 8383

Access Data Base - oh dear I can feel myself getting dragged back into the world of work. I just want to make shavings and sawdust.

Some people call me a tool, others are less complimentary. Tools being useful things.

tv1, Deej, mattbeels and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Illustrious Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 34842

Errrr, not really @Boo, that's now how I intended it to read.

There's no point in us each doing our own different thing, and you've obviously put some thought into what you think it should be and how it should work.Β  It's undeniably a neater (technically) solution than the simple list-with-hyperlinks that I had in mind.

I know you didn’t intend it that way @tv101 I’m just messing with ya!Β 

I actually didn’t give it much thought at all, it’s just the first thing that occurred to me. The trouble is that although it is a decent solution, it takes time to set it up and I just can’t be bothered. It was just an idea, it doesn’t have to be implemented. Maybe it could be done in the future by someone with the knowledge and inclination. We could just go with a simple document for now. Stick it on a Dropbox folder or something and set some CRUD permissions (only for that folder) for a handful of people maybe? Otherwise you or whoever saves the document in their Dropbox account will have to add every single link that people give them. Equally, you don’t want everyone having the ability to have full permissions because spammers etc on here could take the mick! I don’t mean any of us, as members, there are dodgy accounts on here that get created and misused so we don’t want the same thing happening with our document.Β 

It’s a lot easier just to do that for now but if someone was to offer to make a database and organise for it to be linked up to the website, I think it would be a great addition as the site grows.Β 

Make guitars, not war 🌍✌️🎸

Deej, mattbeels, Robin and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Illustrious Member
Luthier

Access Data Base - oh dear I can feel myself getting dragged back into the world of work. I just want to make shavings and sawdust.

@rocknroller912 You don’t need to worry about Access if you don’t want to, you could code it in PHP and SQL if you want. No rush. 👍😂

ReplyQuote
Rocknroller912
(@rocknroller912)
Luthier
Rep Points: 8383

@boo

Thanks for letting me off the hook much appreciated. My 10.2 iPad has limited functions for stuff like that I think, only had it 4 weeks. I can’t use a desk top pc with keyboard any more due to my hand problems, so any Microsoft applications are out for me. Defence rests its case.

Some people call me a tool, others are less complimentary. Tools being useful things.

Deej, mattbeels, Robin and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Illustrious Member
Luthier

Thanks for letting me off the hook much appreciated. My 10.2 iPad has limited functions for stuff like that I think, only had it 4 weeks. I can’t use a desk top pc with keyboard any more due to my hand problems, so any Microsoft applications are out for me. Defence rests its case.

@rocknroller912 Haha.... no problem. You can actually get Microsoft Office apps for iPad. 🤣

tv1, Deej, mattbeels and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Russ
 Russ
(@russ)
Luthier
Topic starter  
913Mn6iu6uL

Β 

tv1, Deej, Robin and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Russ
 Russ
(@russ)
Luthier
Topic starter  
510e2VFR kL. AC SY580

Β 

ReplyQuote
cheesewhisk
(@cheesewhisk)
Estimable Member Customer
Luthier
Rep Points: 1765

How did this get onto PHP again? Shudders, that takes me back ten or so years. I think back then everyone was a web developer πŸ™‚

mattbeels, tv1, Boo and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
tv1
 tv1
(@tv101)
Illustrious Member Customer Registered
Luthier
Rep Points: 27896

How did this get onto PHP again? Shudders, that takes me back ten or so years. I think back then everyone was a web developer

That reminds me ... @Boo ... how are you getting on with getting this ready for the website?

Online guitar making courses – guitarmaking.co.uk

mattbeels, Russ, mattbeels and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4
Share: