Deej, mattbeels, Boo and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Robin
(@robin)
Illustrious Member Customer
Luthier
Rep Points: 16811

@boo

Good choice of location, west is best, I wish I could be there now but looks like the caravan sites are going to be staying closed for now. I totally understand your "free to move" statement, my mother died about three years ago, I felt a strange kind of guilty relief. It's one of the reasons that I retired early to live the rest of my life. I'm looking forward to meeting you, whether it be Falkirk or Argyll, I'm certainly hoping I'll be in Argyll by the summer months.

Deej, tv1, mattbeels and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
tv1
 tv1
(@tv101)
Illustrious Member Customer Registered
Luthier
Rep Points: 27896
Topic starter  

That's me, all Pfizer-ed up and ready to go.

😀

I've got a bit of a reaction booked for later on today.Β  I'll just need to rest for a couple of days, with no house jobs.

Of course workshop time is resting.Β  So is guitar playing time.

It's the more energetic things like cooking, or cleaning out the fire, or emptying the dishwasher, that I'll have to avoid.Β  Just for a few days.

Online guitar making courses – guitarmaking.co.uk

Deej, mattbeels, Robin and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Illustrious Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 34842

I've got a bit of a reaction booked for later on today.Β  I'll just need to rest for a couple of days, with no house jobs.

Of course workshop time is resting.Β  So is guitar playing time.

It's the more energetic things like cooking, or cleaning out the fire, or emptying the dishwasher, that I'll have to avoid.Β  Just for a few days.

Yeah I agree @tv101, it’s the only sensible way forward. 😁👍

Make guitars, not war 🌍✌️🎸

Deej, mattbeels, Robin and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Jonathan Hodgson
(@jonhodgson)
Noble Member Customer
Luthier
Rep Points: 2035

@tv1 I'd give it a week if I were you, why risk a relapse? 😀Β 

Deej, mattbeels, Robin and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
tv1
 tv1
(@tv101)
Illustrious Member Customer Registered
Luthier
Rep Points: 27896
Topic starter  

Thanks @jonhodgson.Β  You're either an experienced medical professional, or another guitar-minded person.

Either way, I'd be daft to ignore that sort of advice.

👍

Β 

Perhaps I should go for the week, and then, against all the odds, by sheer determination and strength, make a heroic recovery around day 5 or 6?

Online guitar making courses – guitarmaking.co.uk

mattbeels, Deej, Robin and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Deej
 Deej
(@deej)
Famed Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 10929

Want a job doing properly, ask the professionals (and I don’t mean Cowley, Bodie and Doyle).

🤣

I have too many guitars...said no one in the world..ever!

Russ, tv1, Robin and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Deej
 Deej
(@deej)
Famed Member
Luthier

@boo

Just caught up on this thread. You may have heard I gave a donation to MS society and I was happy it’s going to a cause that’s close to the pair of us.

My mum was paralysed from the neck down as far back as when I was 12 (now 53) due to MS and died earlish due to the condition as it got more severe. The diagnosis and medication was not as good as it is now unfortunately.

My older brother was also diagnosed with MS at the age of 30 (even though it’s not meant to be hereditary) and although he has attacks every now and again he was on medication which had stopped the regularity until COVID when he had to come off them..he’s still in isolation but in good order.

Now my headaches...and testing was for something similar and having had the headaches in my 30’s I’ve now been tested twice and thankfully I’ve been given the all clear (hence finding out the day before winning LDL which was one of the best couple of days I’ve had). And yes @TV101 I have photo evidence I have a brain 🤣 although most of the times it’s full of shite!! Oh and due to the history I’ve had my first COVID jab!

Sorry for the life story it just touched me due to the connection @boo I hope you and the missus take it easy and look after yourselves.

mattbeels, Russ, Boo and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Illustrious Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 34842

Sorry for the life story it just touched me due to the connection @boo I hope you and the missus take it easy and look after yourselves.

@deej No apology needed and although it’s never good to hear of anyone having a disease such as MS, it’s somehow comforting to talk about it with others. It can affect people in different ways and at different severity levels, my wife has been lucky really. It is starting to get a little worse now, that’s why she has medically retired. We make a good team though, she organises and I do all the physical stuff. It’s awful to hear stories of others suffering and I’m sorry it’s affected some of your family members. You’re a good man Deej, Thanks and I wish you all the best. ✊

Make guitars, not war 🌍✌️🎸

Robin, mattbeels, tv1 and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Deej
 Deej
(@deej)
Famed Member
Luthier

You’re a good man Deej, Thanks and I wish you all the best. ✊

No probs pal..you have my email and mobile if you ever need anything or just off load, I’m only down the road.Β 

Robin, mattbeels, tv1 and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: