Page 2 / 2
  RSS

tv1
 tv1
(@tv101)
Luthier
Rep Points: 11289
18/02/2021 8:59 am  

Sounds like you're overdue some "you time" @Boo.

😀

Similarly, we had a few holidays in Scotland (both West & East coasts) when we lived in the Lakes, and really enjoyed the space and scenery.  It just felt like a more relaxed place to be.  

Good to have a plan too, and see that it's all achievable.  Don't under-spec the workshop ... work out how much space you'd need, double it to work out how much you'd like, and then double it again, just to be on the safe side.

😉

Online guitar making courses – guitarmaking.co.uk

mattbeels, Russ and Boo liked
ReplyReplyQuote
Robin
(@robin)
Luthier
Rep Points: 5025
18/02/2021 6:27 pm  

@boo

What part of Scotland are you planning on moving to boo? 

I've done my share of looking after elderly relatives, I hadn't really thought about how much time it takes up and how it wears you down until I wasn't doing it. It's not something you choose to do, it just has to be done.

tv1, mattbeels, Boo and 1 people liked
ReplyReplyQuote
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Customer
Luthier
Rep Points: 12246
18/02/2021 7:52 pm  

What part of Scotland are you planning on moving to boo? 

@robin West Coast somewhere, not too far from your caravan. We are keeping a close eye on the market and what is available to buy. We are also considering buying a plot and having a modern prefabricated house (single story) put up, it’s very cost effective. I think a lot of people get put off when they hear the word “prefab” or “flat pack” but the modern designs are amazing and have everything installed (including insulation) in the factory. It’s much more cost effective than bricks and mortar and you have more choice. One way or another, it won’t be too long before we will be free to move and we will make something work. It can sound awful to say “free to move” but my father-in-law hasn’t got too much longer, it’s just the truth of it. As soon as we are born, we are dying so we have to take every opportunity we can whilst and when we can. Looking after older family members is just the way of things for most of us  at a certain point in life, now it’s my turn. I may have to do it all over again with my parents at some point too. They are both healthy at the moment but everyone has to go at some point. Anyway, I am going to make sure my wife and I have a great life living the rest of our lives in a beautiful part of Scotland somewhere. I’ll meet up with you at some point in the summer months as we won’t be too far away and I have friends who live in Falkirk so I’ll be visiting them regularly too. My cousin is also in Edinburgh. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland is the future, I’ve seen it (and love it). 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

tv1, Russ, Robin and 1 people liked
ReplyReplyQuote
James Perry
(@james-chacewatergmail-com-2)
Customer
Technician
Rep Points: 615
18/02/2021 9:04 pm  

Carol probably thinks I’ve been joking when I’ve commented that the Weds-Thurs-Sat cycle has kept me sane over the past months,

What happens on a Thursday that I'm missing? 

tv1, Russ, mattbeels and 1 people liked
ReplyReplyQuote
mattbeels
(@mattbeels)
Customer
Luthier
Rep Points: 6018
18/02/2021 9:29 pm  

Yeeeeaaah, what’s up with Thursday?

Pratice on scrap...

tv1, Russ and Boo liked
ReplyReplyQuote
tv1
 tv1
(@tv101)
Luthier
18/02/2021 10:05 pm  

@james-chacewatergmail-com-2

@mattbeels

https://livestream.com/baileyguitars/events/9537710

mattbeels, Boo and Russ liked
ReplyReplyQuote
Robin
(@robin)
Luthier
Rep Points: 5025
18/02/2021 10:30 pm  

@boo

Good choice of location, west is best, I wish I could be there now but looks like the caravan sites are going to be staying closed for now. I totally understand your "free to move" statement, my mother died about three years ago, I felt a strange kind of guilty relief. It's one of the reasons that I retired early to live the rest of my life. I'm looking forward to meeting you, whether it be Falkirk or Argyll, I'm certainly hoping I'll be in Argyll by the summer months.

tv1, mattbeels, Boo and 1 people liked
ReplyReplyQuote
tv1
 tv1
(@tv101)
Luthier
23/02/2021 10:33 am  

That's me, all Pfizer-ed up and ready to go.

😀

I've got a bit of a reaction booked for later on today.  I'll just need to rest for a couple of days, with no house jobs.

Of course workshop time is resting.  So is guitar playing time.

It's the more energetic things like cooking, or cleaning out the fire, or emptying the dishwasher, that I'll have to avoid.  Just for a few days.

Robin, Russ and Boo liked
ReplyReplyQuote
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Customer
Luthier
Rep Points: 12246
23/02/2021 11:43 am  

I've got a bit of a reaction booked for later on today.  I'll just need to rest for a couple of days, with no house jobs.

Of course workshop time is resting.  So is guitar playing time.

It's the more energetic things like cooking, or cleaning out the fire, or emptying the dishwasher, that I'll have to avoid.  Just for a few days.

Yeah I agree @tv101, it’s the only sensible way forward. 😁👍

Robin, tv1 and Russ liked
ReplyReplyQuote
Jonathan Hodgson
(@jonhodgson)
Technician
Rep Points: 612
23/02/2021 1:38 pm  

@tv1 I'd give it a week if I were you, why risk a relapse? 😀 

Robin, Boo, Russ and 1 people liked
ReplyReplyQuote
tv1
 tv1
(@tv101)
Luthier
23/02/2021 1:58 pm  

Thanks @jonhodgson.  You're either an experienced medical professional, or another guitar-minded person.

Either way, I'd be daft to ignore that sort of advice.

👍

Perhaps I should go for the week, and then, against all the odds, by sheer determination and strength, make a heroic recovery around day 5 or 6?

Robin, Boo and Russ liked
ReplyReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2