Building a guitar f...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Building a guitar for my thesis for school.

91 Posts
16 Users
1314 Likes
Rocknroller912
(@rocknroller912)
Illustrious Member Customer
Luthier
Rep Points: 8383

@louis123

Congratulations Louis stay in touch and keep us all up to date with your future builds  and studies.

Some people call me a tool, others are less complimentary. Tools being useful things.

Tej, Boo, Koendb and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
tv1
 tv1
(@tv101)
Illustrious Member Customer Registered
Luthier
Rep Points: 27896

I am very happy i can tell you that i am probably going to follow a study course on instrument making. It is a 5 year course and i am very motivated to learn about different instruments. My plan is to start building guitars on a regular basis and hopefully open my own workshop some day.

That's one of the great things about being young @louis123 - you can have dreams and you can make them happen.

i wish you every possible piece of luck and good fortune.

👍

Online guitar making courses – guitarmaking.co.uk

Tej, Boo, Rocknroller912 and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Russ
 Russ
(@russ)
Luthier
Rep Points: 28611

@louis123

That's fantastic Louis. Well done.  Follow your dreams. 👍😁

🎶🙂🎸🙏

🗝️ "Life's what you make it"🗝️

Tej, Boo, Louis123 and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
mattbeels
(@mattbeels)
Illustrious Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 19074

That’s brilliant @louis123!

Thanks for the update and best of luck with your course, 5 years should teach you a few things 😆

Cheers!

Practice on scrap...

Tej, Russ, Boo and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Koendb
(@koendb)
Famed Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 11547

Congratulations @louis123! What an accomplishment man! 

Tej, Russ, Boo and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Robin
(@robin)
Luthier
Rep Points: 16792

@louis123

Well done Louis, you're young with your future ahead of you. Only you can make your dream come true, go for it.

Tej, Louis123, Russ and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Illustrious Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 34813

I am very happy i can tell you that i am probably going to follow a study course on instrument making. It is a 5 year course and i am very motivated to learn about different instruments. My plan is to start building guitars on a regular basis and hopefully open my own workshop some day. This guitar building journey has sparked a flame in me that i didn't know i had in the first place. Thanks to Mark, Caroll and everyone in this community, u guys are awsome!

@louis123 Excellent, I'm so pleased for you and that you have such ambition and drive at such a young age. The course sound amazing, I only wish I could have my time again with the knowlege and love for guitar building I have now, I would be doing the same thing. I hope you continue to be in touch with us in this forum as you progress through your 5 year course, you will be able to teach us all a thing or two. We are always here to support you with anything we can help you with. 

So, until then, I think you should carry on building guitars throughout this year. Design something different, try something new, build something wild. Just remember the handful of basic principles you must get right and after that the only limitation is your imagination. 

I really am pleased at the thought of this forum giving you guidance, encouragment, inspiration and the asperation to pursue formal training in this field. It makes me happy that we have had a small part of moulding your guitar building future and for it to be your chosen profession and career. 

Reach for the sky Louis and don't forget to look back once in a while to remember where it all started. 

The best of luck. 

Boo.

Make guitars, not war 🌍✌️🎸

Tej, Louis123, Russ and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Louis123
(@louis123)
Trusted Member Customer
Technician
Rep Points: 612
Topic starter  

Reach for the sky Louis and don't forget to look back once in a while to remember where it all started. 

@boo

I promise, i will 😉 🤗 

Tej, Rocknroller912, Boo and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Louis123
(@louis123)
Trusted Member Customer
Technician
Rep Points: 612
Topic starter  

UPDATE

i had my presentation today. Everything went great, they were really impressed by my build and drawing.

A fellow student is a photographer and took a picture of me at the showcase of my build.

I'm planning on doing a Tony Iommi SG build as a next project.

DSC06228

Russ, Tej, Robin and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Koendb
(@koendb)
Famed Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 11547

Congrats @louis123!

Russ, Tej, Russ and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Rocknroller912
(@rocknroller912)
Luthier
Rep Points: 8383

@louis123

Congratulations a great project, I hope it plays as good as it looks.

Some people call me a tool, others are less complimentary. Tools being useful things.

Koendb, Tej, Russ and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 5
Share: