3 Users
48 Likes
Rathius
(@rathius)
Honorable Member
Crafter
Rep Points: 804
Topic starter  

Friday night I glued the neck in and on Saturday morning I took it to a friend that’s been playing for 35 years. I wanted him to check the feel of the guitar especially the neck as it ended up a bit differently than other guitars I have that I didn’t make a neck for. 🤣 It’s close to SG thickness at the heel but about 1-2mm thicker at the nut. I was going by feel as well as measurements when carving so that’s how that happened. Honestly it feels quite good. To me anyway, but also to my friend. Said he’s never felt one like that before but he definitely liked how it felt. Big wow there for me. (I seriously doubt myself A LOT so there ya go.)

When I got back to house I grabbed a set of strap buttons, screwed them on, put a strap on it, and slung it on…, and it hung there nicely balanced. But, no hardware yet so that may change.

Here’s the latest pics. Ohm yeah, you also get to finally see me. 🤣🤣🤣

B4DE831A CB20 497D AD16 F496BA68E7EC
F0189A39 8765 4417 A5D1 646E32EC4C69

And another quick update.

I’m spraying primer on the back and sides. Actually between coat 1 and 2 right  now. May put 3. Depends on how the 2nd feels after sanding. Should be spraying silver on all that later tonight, probably about 10:00pm the way it’s looking. At least I should get to bed earlier tonight than I have been🤣🤣

Boo, Robin, Russ and 7 people reacted
Russ
 Russ
(@russ)
Illustrious Member Customer
Luthier
Rep Points: 28659

@rathius.

I do like that. 👌

🎸🎶🙏🙂

🗝️ "Life's what you make it"🗝️

Koendb, Boo, Robin and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Rathius
(@rathius)
Honorable Member
Crafter
Topic starter  

@russ thank you, I truly appreciate it.

Koendb, Russ, Boo and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Rocknroller912
(@rocknroller912)
Luthier
Rep Points: 8383

@rathius 

Looks good and I’m jealous of the weather dry and sunny

Some people call me a tool, others are less complimentary. Tools being useful things.

Boo, Koendb, Russ and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Rathius
(@rathius)
Honorable Member
Crafter
Topic starter  

@rocknroller912 it’s not hot yet but is in the 80s already. Close to 30 over there I believe. But you’re more than welcome to come visit in July and help me carve a few necks. Be closer to 40C then as it’ll be 95-102F. 🤣🤣

Robin, Boo, Koendb and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Rocknroller912
(@rocknroller912)
Luthier
Rep Points: 8383

@rathius 

Im in Scotland and it’s still in the lower 60s though the day, close to freezing some nights. Holiday sounds good I’ve been to America a few times in hot weather 

Some people call me a tool, others are less complimentary. Tools being useful things.

Robin, Boo, Koendb and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: