3 Users
8 Likes
Carnivorous HERBivore
(@herb)
Reputable Member
Semi Professional
Rep Points: 395
Topic starter  

Someone gave me a trashy old neck from a child's guitar and an oblong of red-coloured wood.

Thought I'd make a cigar-box type guitar.

I got a cheap lipstick pickup from China, decided to use some threaded steel bar for a bridge and tacks to anchor the strings. Then I saw Ben Crowe's experiments... I don't really like his prototype but I thought I'd have an experiment myself anyway. Should be more interesting than the oblong one I was going to build.

It begins today with some fun with steam...

HP 190112 IMG E7235
HP 190114 IMG 7236
HP 190114 IMG 7240

Russ and Russ reacted
darrenking
(@darrenking)
Famed Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 5112

I think you should leave the saucepan lid in to give it that resonator look! Lol!

ReplyQuote
Carnivorous HERBivore
(@herb)
Reputable Member
Semi Professional
Rep Points: 395
Topic starter  

good thinking but my wife might not agree... surprised she didn't have a little word about gunky, resinous residue in our largest casserole pot... think I got away with it by swiftly squirting the Fairy liquid and the enthusiastic wielding of the washing-up brush alongside cheerful, diverting conversation involving great interest on how her day had been etc... 

ReplyQuote
mark bailey
(@markbailey)
Admin
Guitar Making God

Posted by: Carnivorous HERBivore

good thinking but my wife might not agree... surprised she didn't have a little word about gunky, resinous residue in our largest casserole pot... think I got away with it by swiftly squirting the Fairy liquid and the enthusiastic wielding of the washing-up brush alongside cheerful, diverting conversation involving great interest on how her day had been etc... 

Great tip Herb!

Measure twice, cut once...

ReplyQuote
Share: