235 Likes
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Illustrious Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 34842

Posted by: @steveh

There have been things that I got wrong first time and had to revisit, as well as things that I‘ve asked myself „What if I did this bit differently next time?“

@steveh Nice one Steve, it looks great, well done. I remember feeling the same way when I built my first. It’s absolutely fine though, nobody is expected to ever make the perfect guitar, especially not the first time. I have built a lot of guitars now and I have realised that nothing goes 100% to plan, it just doesn’t happen. It’s part of the fun though to fix any problems along the way, to learn from mistakes and build up your knowledge as you continue to design and build more guitars. 

The main thing to always keep in mind is to enjoy yourself, have fun. If you start getting stressed about anything, just walk away for little while and come back to it. There are many things to learn as you continue to build your skills and love of guitar making. Keep going. ✊

Make guitars, not war 🌍✌️🎸

tv1, Robin, Bpower and 6 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Steve Handley
(@steveh)
Estimable Member Customer
Adept
Rep Points: 177
Topic starter  

Thanks @boo, for your many wise words 😀 

It certainly is part if the fun to fix the problems that arise as well as to solve challenges - most of my challenges came from my own inadequacies with woodworking tools 😳 

Mark‘s system is a good one - as a person with no woodworking experience, I turned out a usable, playable guitar at the 1st go following it, and that’s the real measure of its success. Sure, I had some hiccups along the way, that’s life. Sure, there are steps that I might seek to optimize to suit me better, maybe I’ll succeed with that, maybe I’ll gain insight into why it’s the way it is - Life is a learning experience, after all 🙂

Have a great weekend!

Steve

tv1, Robin, Bpower and 8 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Steve Handley
(@steveh)
Estimable Member Customer
Adept
Rep Points: 177
Topic starter  

@koendb and by the way, I forgot to mention in my reply - that’s a really nice looking, very classic Flying V, I love it!

tv1, Robin, Bpower and 8 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: