3 Users
11 Likes
darrenking
(@darrenking)
Famed Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 5112
Topic starter  

If you missed the recent documentary 'The Right to Rock' about the first real all girl rock band, Fanny, then you must watch it. Truly awesome and still playing and recording in their 70's.

Here is what I think is the best track from their 2018 Fanny Walked the Earth album.

I believe that they are playing a gig in San Francisco tomorrow at CAAMFestΒ 

Yerba Buena Gardens

but its a bit far for me to go for a weekend trip. Any Californian members planning to go?

Koendb, Boo, Russ and 1 people reacted
tv1
 tv1
(@tv101)
Illustrious Member Customer Registered
Luthier
Rep Points: 27896

Hey Darren @darrenking!

Β 

I recorded that a week or two ago.Β  Not got around to watching it yet though.Β  (Should be on iPlayer for anyone interested).Β  Think they were on OGWT or similar back in the day.

Β 

👍

Online guitar making courses – guitarmaking.co.uk

Koendb, Boo and Russ reacted
ReplyQuote
darrenking
(@darrenking)
Famed Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 5112
Topic starter  

Hi @tv101
Yes, they played the OGWT in the early seventies and their set is available on YouTube. Speaking of OGWT, I went to see Ron Sexsmith at the Union Chapel on Tuesday and he was introduced on stage by Whispering Bob, a long time fan. Ron is another amazing songwriter who has written many songs covered by more widely known artists.

Koendb, Boo and Russ reacted
ReplyQuote
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Illustrious Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 34842

Fanny are a great band, I discovered them a few years back. I haven’t seen this video though, I’ll watch it. Thanks for posting.Β 

Make guitars, not war 🌍✌️🎸

Russ reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: