Boo doing a lot of ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Boo doing a lot of work for "Charidee"...

75 Posts
8 Users
728 Likes
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Illustrious Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 34842

Basically: step outside your boundary and snipers will cut you down whilst the rozzers loot your house.

Except if you're bezzy mates with the council/political leaders. Or live on the South Coast of England, drive a big posh car and have a moat with a "duck-house" Island in the middle. Or you're employed on the HS2 project because we couldn't possibly delay the mass destruction of ancient landscapes and communities for the bargain cost of >£100Bn to speed up a journey to Birmingham by 10mins when everyone will now be working a great deal more from home and/or do tele/video-conferencing thus significantly impacting the business case (but again, bezzy mates getting construction contracts which must be fulfilled)...

Sorry, wrong forum. Ignore the #soapbox #rant above.

@rashdown_online I enjoyed your soapbox rant, I get like that myself sometime and I agree with everything you said. I’m sure many other feel the same way but the fact is, the majority of the voting pubic voted these destructive idiots in on the back of another monumentally stupid project (it shall not be named). And now we are stuck with them for the foreseeable because Tory money donors threw a fortune behind right wing nationalist propaganda. So whilst the wealth gap increases, how long will it take the average person to realise that none of it will benefit them and ironically they willingly voted for it. I can’t tell you how disappointed I am with Britain (England really). I know this may offend some people but personally, I think the UK has taken a wrong turn. I love my country and I love this planet but we are not either of them any favours, quite the opposite really. 

OK, rant over. It’s your fault @rashdown_online 😝

I love guitars 🎸❤️🤘

Make guitars, not war 🌍✌️🎸

Deej, Robin, mattbeels and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
tv1
 tv1
(@tv101)
Illustrious Member Customer Registered
Luthier
Rep Points: 27896

^^^^

Roland - I fear you might have started something.

🙄

Online guitar making courses – guitarmaking.co.uk

Deej, Robin, mattbeels and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Illustrious Member
Luthier

I fear you might have started something.

I’m going to shut up now because my involuntary twitching is coming back.
(Note to self: just stick to talking about guitars and everything will be ok) 😬 

Deej, Robin, mattbeels and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Deej
 Deej
(@deej)
Famed Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 10929

Ooo politics .....I only talk that when I’ve been on whisky

On here only guitar talk for me...

I just hope we all come out of all this somehow that we can all survive..unfortunately I fear it’s gonna be a right f...king mess

I have too many guitars...said no one in the world..ever!

tv1, Robin, mattbeels and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Rocknroller912
(@rocknroller912)
Illustrious Member Customer
Luthier
Rep Points: 8383

@boo 

I think you will be very much at home politically in Scotland 

Some people call me a tool, others are less complimentary. Tools being useful things.

Deej, tv1, Robin and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Illustrious Member
Luthier

I think you will be very much at home politically in Scotland 

@rocknroller912 I’ll let you into a secret, I joined the SNP yesterday 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿😁

Deej, Russ, tv1 and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Rocknroller912
(@rocknroller912)
Illustrious Member Customer
Luthier
Rep Points: 8383

@boo

Yes they love to have token English people just to try and put on an acceptable face. The secret is they are mostly anti English racists, trust me I've lived here a long time.

Some people call me a tool, others are less complimentary. Tools being useful things.

Deej, Robin, mattbeels and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Eddie6string
(@eddie6string)
Noble Member Customer
Luthier
Rep Points: 1551

The only trouble with Politics and commerce (the hamster wheels of life) is that people genuinely believe there is no alternative! 

Humans can be so much more!!!

At least we're doing something constructive  - with strings attached '

Deej, Boo, tv1 and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Illustrious Member
Luthier

The only trouble with Politics and commerce (the hamster wheels of life) is that people genuinely believe there is no alternative! 

Humans can be so much more!!!

At least we're doing something constructive  - with strings attached '

@eddie6string Yep, I agree. The trouble is that most people have surrendered to toxic consumerism and capitalism, it’s killing the human soul and this beautiful planet. 

A different way of life is possible but lies and greed rein. 

I still don’t have faith in humanity as a race, I don’t think enough people are intelligent enough to save ourselves from ourselves. I think most people can’t see beyond their bank accounts and material possession, narcissism and superficial self promotion.
I realise that this isn’t everyone, there are many that have a different set of values and it’s those people I seek out. This community is one of the best (if not the best) I have found so far. 
I want a political party that promotes us all looking after each other as much as possible and that isn’t totally obsessed with money, greed and toxic capitalism. Capitalism and Communism are both very destructive in one way or another, a balance is needed that benefits everyone in society, not just a few. Why so many people worship the false gods that are the super rich is beyond me. 

We all need a bit of money and few material possessions in life, for me, it’s about not getting carried away. I tend gardens, build guitars, paint stuff and have the love of a good woman, making some friends along the way is an honour. That’s enough. ✊

Robin, Peebee, Deej and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Eddie6string
(@eddie6string)
Noble Member Customer
Luthier
Rep Points: 1551

@Boo

I applaud you public declaration, spirit and intent. 

Q: Do we possess the humility required to accept the answers???

I would talk further on a private level as individual free will is tied up in this solution and people must be free of peer pressure when discussing such things.

Warmness 

Boo, Robin, Deej and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
mattbeels
(@mattbeels)
Illustrious Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 19074

@boo and @eddie6string

I completely agree with you both, well put valid points.

Speak the word - the word is all of us 😉

Practice on scrap...

Boo, Robin, Deej and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
tv1
 tv1
(@tv101)
Luthier

Yep, I agree. The trouble is that most people have surrendered to toxic consumerism and capitalism, it’s killing the human soul and this beautiful planet. 

I can agree with some of that.

Consumerism, the throw-it-away, built-in obsolescence and "upgrade" cycles approach that underpins many businesses is hugely wasteful, detrimental to many people's health and sanity, and to the health of the planet.  Agreed.

But, it's also highly profitable, which in turn means that (eventually) benefits trickle down to the likes of us in the form of pensions (etc).

Consumerism also drives innovation, it justifies the huge R&D spend which in turn expands our knowledge, our capabilities as a species, and then our comfortable living.

It's difficult to untangle the good and bad from capitalism.  A wise man once said to me that the only reason that capitalism has survived (as the predominant global economic model) is because communism failed first.  

And to misquote Churchill, capitalism is the worst form of economic model, apart from all the others that have been tried ...

mattbeels, Boo, Robin and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Illustrious Member
Luthier

Q: Do we possess the humility required to accept the answers???

I would talk further on a private level as individual free will is tied up in this solution and people must be free of peer pressure when discussing such things.

@eddie6string Some day we will have a really good chat about life, the universe and everything. I see great times ahead for us lot. 

Deej, Russ, mattbeels and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
tv1
 tv1
(@tv101)
Luthier

life, the universe and everything

That’s easy.

The answer is 42.

Deej, Eddie6string, Russ and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Deej
 Deej
(@deej)
Famed Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 10929

The answer is 42.

🤣

I have too many guitars...said no one in the world..ever!

Russ, Boo, Russ and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4
Share: