Page 2 / 2
  RSS

Russ
 Russ
(@russ)
Luthier
Rep Points: 15091
20/04/2021 1:39 pm  

@markbailey. Good to see you back on the forum Mark. Hope all is well with you. 

🎸🙂🎶🙏

🗝️ "Life's what you make it"🗝️

Boo, mattbeels, cheesewhisk and 1 people liked
ReplyReplyQuote
cheesewhisk
(@cheesewhisk)
Luthier
Rep Points: 1041
20/04/2021 2:52 pm  

Thanks @markbailey I should have a decent amount to test on once I cut out the body.

I hope you are well, we're all thinking about you. 

tv1, Tej, Boo and 2 people liked
ReplyReplyQuote
cheesewhisk
(@cheesewhisk)
Luthier
20/04/2021 2:56 pm  

@tej like Mat says and Mark suggests, make a master then a copy from that so if and when you hack into it you have a backup master. 

@mattbeels you know me and my bandsaw / router skills, it's a 'kind of master' but one straight edge is utter balls because I cut too close on the band saw. Thankfully I used a complete straight edge to copy route all the actual straight edges onto the template.

ReplyReplyQuote
mattbeels
(@mattbeels)
Customer
Luthier
Rep Points: 14673
20/04/2021 3:54 pm  

I used a complete straight edge to copy route all the actual straight edges onto the template.

Well done @cheesewhisk, as long as you got there in the end. Did you then make a backup, is that what’s in the photo?

Pratice on scrap...

ReplyReplyQuote
cheesewhisk
(@cheesewhisk)
Luthier
20/04/2021 4:09 pm  

Cheers @mattbeels yeah so for the master I used straight edges and cut close to the lines with the bandsaw then sanded the curves. Then I used that to make a copy but used a straight edge instead of the master to fix the edge. If you look at the photo of them stuck together you can see the X's X's I scribbled on to remind me that bit was wonky.

ReplyReplyQuote
cheesewhisk
(@cheesewhisk)
Luthier
20/04/2021 4:15 pm  

Or are you saying I should now promote the template to MASTER and make a new template? Probably I guess but will I make that many more this shape? Not sure, I want to go for an MX250 style or even a snakebyte next 🙂

tv1, mattbeels, Tej and 2 people liked
ReplyReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2