mattbeels, tv1, richyc and 13 people reacted
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Illustrious Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 34842

Damn it! I missed it! 

@tv101 Tony if you still want to do the Jitsi thing today, I’m up for a tester session. What do I have to do? 

Make guitars, not war 🌍✌️🎸

mattbeels and mattbeels reacted
ReplyQuote
Bill Flude
(@frocesterbill)
Famed Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 3827

Just managed to catch some of today's show - the course looks brilliant - guessing there will be domestic strife when we are all hatching the course for the third or fourth time when we should be doing Christmas!

Measure once........
Measure again.........
Sod it - make tea!

mattbeels, tv1, Russ and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Robin
(@robin)
Illustrious Member Customer
Luthier
Rep Points: 16819

- guessing there will be domestic strife when we are all watching the course for the third or fourth time when we should be doing Christmas!

Shouldn't be a problem, isn't Christmas cancelled this year.

mattbeels, Boo, Russ and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
jamesalexandermcmillan
(@jamesalexandermcmillan)
Estimable Member
Adept
Rep Points: 176

Caught the taster later. Had to work today again. Retirement isn’t all that it’s cracked up to be sometimes. Really looking forward to the finishing course. I love green and blue stained guitars. 
if you can’t do a raffle how about giving it to someone who buys a tee shirt or a hat or some item (assuming that enough people buy one).

mattbeels, tv1, Louis123 and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
James
(@james-chacewatergmail-com-2)
Honorable Member
Technician
Rep Points: 720

Proper Job M&C! Loved watching the re run of today's livestream after work tonight

(I'm an NHS nurse btw so apparently I get extra dibs on Lucy!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 - even though the whole world is struggling to survive, small businesses are being killed, the high streets will never be the same again, food prices and taxes will rise beyond belief and there will be more societal divisions next year in the UK than ever before........ I'll take my secure, final salary pension along with extra chances of winning Ms L D Lucy any day of the week )

Anyhoo..... I'm well looking forward to the finishing course release party 🥳  It's looking awesome 👌 and today's preview was just the tonic needed. The escape into calming Baileyville is an underestimated and valuable healthy piece of headspace 😉

Thank you 😊 

mattbeels, tv1, Russ and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Rocknroller912
(@rocknroller912)
Luthier
Rep Points: 8383

@markbailey

On the live stream yesterday you were asking for music to add to the video. I couldn't get anything to load here due to my laptop being very old and have sent Carolman email with a short tune I composed as a .wav file. Hope you can use it.

Some people call me a tool, others are less complimentary. Tools being useful things.

ReplyQuote
Rocknroller912
(@rocknroller912)
Luthier

Pesky auto correct, should read "I've sent Carol an email"

Some people call me a tool, others are less complimentary. Tools being useful things.

ReplyQuote
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Illustrious Member
Luthier

(I'm an NHS nurse btw so apparently I get extra dibs on Lucy!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 - even though the whole world is struggling to survive, small businesses are being killed, the high streets will never be the same again, food prices and taxes will rise beyond belief and there will be more societal divisions next year in the UK than ever before........ I'll take my secure, final salary pension along with extra chances of winning Ms L D Lucy any day of the week )

My small business has been flattened this year and my wife has taken ill health retirement with pension from the NHS. She has worked long and hard in management for many years, she is now reaping the rewards of paying into the scheme. We have gone over our financial situation very recently and have realised that we are comfortable, we are lucky. We have nearly paid our mortgage off so the pressure is off for us. I do fear for the majority of people in the UK though, we are suffering a double whammy, covid and *rexit. Unemployment and poverty go hand in hand and it angers me that a mature democracy such as ours has actually made the choice to harm itself. I thought sound economic sense would prevail over bloody-minded, petty nationalism. But, oh no! Those of us that have backup and/or financial support of some kind will be fine but the harsh realities that are to come for the rest will soon hit the fan. 

This year has been dreadful for all of us but some more than others. The key workers, especially those in the NHS are the effort that I will always remember from 2020, absolute heroes. Whilst these amazing people hold our society together (just), there are others that seek to destroy it by shouting in the streets in defiance that it isn’t fair and that it is all a conspiracy. I am beyond angry with these moronic fools who have absolutely no safety or regard for anyone else. 

If by some stroke of luck I won Lockdown Lucy, I would donate her to an NHS hero, as a way of saying thank you. Hold me to that, I mean it. 

mattbeels, tv1, Peebee and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
tv1
 tv1
(@tv101)
Illustrious Member Customer Registered
Luthier
Rep Points: 27896

Tony if you still want to do the Jitsi thing today, I’m up for a tester session

Sorry @boo - just been silly-busy this week with “work” stuff, despite finishing my last piece of work last week!  No rest for the wicked, etc ...

I’ll reply to your email tomorrow, and let’s try to schedule a test run.

After today’s news, looks like Boxing Day should be pretty quiet ...

🙄

Online guitar making courses – guitarmaking.co.uk

mattbeels, Russ, Boo and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Illustrious Member
Luthier

After today’s news, looks like Boxing Day should be pretty quiet ...

@tv101 I may have a bit of a hangover but Boxing Day could be ok. I’ve not had a drink (alcohol) for months, I’ve been on a diet and losing weight. I’ve done really well, lost a lot of weight (fat) and I’m having a few drinks on Christmas Day. So I may be a little rough the day after (unless I just keep drinking). 🤣

mattbeels, Russ, mattbeels and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Rocknroller912
(@rocknroller912)
Luthier

Nearly There !

My last job of the year maybe. Fret dressing and re-sprayed the black on the front of the peg head due to the owner wanting to remove the logo. Also fitted new Grover tuners.

mattbeels, Russ, Boo and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: