30 Posts
19 Users
436 Likes
mark bailey
(@markbailey)
Admin
Guitar Making God
Topic starter  

The last month or so has been a bit of a nightmare as some of you know.

My mum was suddenly taken ill and needed emergency brain surgery - it was touch and go for a while and they really thought she may not get through, but the operation was a success and she is now out of the intensive care ward. Sadly she is paralysed down one side and not yet able to talk.

Due to the Covid restrictions I am not even allowed to visit her, so it is very hard, but life goes on and I know that I am not the only one in this horrible situation.

So...I'll be back livestreaming very soon...meanwhile I think I have caught up with all the member Q's - please let me know if I have missed yours.

Apologies for any inconvenience - thanks again for your amazing and continued support - it has literally kept me going.

Measure twice, cut once...

Blake, Deej, richyc and 25 people reacted
cheesewhisk
(@cheesewhisk)
Estimable Member Customer
Luthier
Rep Points: 1765

My heart goes out to you all, it's such a horrific situation and although no time is a good time, this really is the worst.

Please don't feel like you need to apologies, I know I've not been here long but I do know that everyone I've met in this community you've built here, are not only an amazingly lovely bunch but everyone just wants the best for you, Carol and your family.

Take care.

Deej, Robin, Rocknroller912 and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Rocknroller912
(@rocknroller912)
Illustrious Member Customer
Luthier
Rep Points: 8383

Best wishes Mark and I hope your mum makes some progress

Some people call me a tool, others are less complimentary. Tools being useful things.

Eddie6string, Deej, Robin and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Koendb
(@koendb)
Famed Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 11547

Hi Mark,

I hope your mum fully recovers fast and completely. No apologies needed at all, you make sure you take care of your family but also for yourself!

ReplyQuote
Russ
 Russ
(@russ)
Luthier
Rep Points: 28661

@markbailey. That is such sad news Mark. I do hope that your mum is comfortable and getting the best of care. We're continuing to hold you in our thoughts. 

Take care,

🙏🎶🙂🎸

🗝️ "Life's what you make it"🗝️

ReplyQuote
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Illustrious Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 34842

@markbailey No need to apologise, just do everything in your own time. I hope things start to open up a bit more so you can get to see your mum soon and that she improves. Your emotions will be up and down and all over the place, just go with it. We are here, we are always here and not going away. You saved me so I’m here to help you with whatever, whenever you need it. 
Take care. 
Boo. 

Make guitars, not war 🌍✌️🎸

ReplyQuote
darrenking
(@darrenking)
Famed Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 5112

Apologies for any inconvenience

Hi Mark,

There has been no inconvenience and certainly absolutely no need for you to apologise. I am more than sure that everyone on your forums fully understands that your family comes first in situations like this and I hope that your mother is receiving first class care on her way to a good recovery. C19 restrictions just make a really bad situation unimaginably worse and my heart goes out to you and yours.

I want to assure you that haven’t deserted your guitar making mission, I think Boo has managed another 9k rep points in the last month, so take your time and only come back when you want to and are good and ready. It will be great to have you back whenever that may be.

Darren

ReplyQuote
Bill Flude
(@frocesterbill)
Famed Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 3827

We have been rumbling along doing guitar stuff so no problem.

Hope you mum is comfortable and well looked after.

Look after yourself Mark!

Measure once........
Measure again.........
Sod it - make tea!

ReplyQuote
tv1
 tv1
(@tv101)
Illustrious Member Customer Registered
Luthier
Rep Points: 27896

Apologies for any inconvenience

Don't even dare to think about apologising to us.

I don't want to speak for everyone, but I'm willing to bet that most -all- of us are just sorry that we can't do anything to help you right now.

Just keep on keeping on.  Look after yourself.  Do what you can for your mum, and to be ready for her release from hospital.

It feels like an inadequate thing to say, but thoughts and best wishes are with you my friend.

Online guitar making courses – guitarmaking.co.uk

ReplyQuote
tv1
 tv1
(@tv101)
Illustrious Member Customer Registered
Luthier
Rep Points: 27896

I think Boo has managed another 9k rep points in the last month

@darrenking - you do realise that @Boo hacked the system a while back?  His points get auto-doubled.  So, if it shows 10k, he's really only got 5k, etc.

Of course, mine are all hard-earned and genuine.

Online guitar making courses – guitarmaking.co.uk

Deej, Robin, Rocknroller912 and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Illustrious Member
Luthier

I got my first Hero point from Mark on the 19/11/2018 for being the first person to upload a picture and I haven’t stopped since. Like I’ve said before, this place saved me so I like to maintain it at a high standard, that means quality uploads most days. 

I’m not sure if I was the first person to use the forum or not too. 

Not that points matter, it’s about having a great community with great content and support. Having a support network means the world. 🌍✌️ 

https://guitarmaking.co.uk/community/showcase-electric/my-bailey-bandsman-using-online-course/

Eddie6string, Deej, Robin and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Illustrious Member
Luthier

Sorry, I didn’t mean for that to sound so serious, I do enjoy all the digs and windups, it makes it a joy. Laughter makes the world bearable for me, daft behaviour alongside sound information makes for a good forum. 😆✌️

Eddie6string, Deej, Robin and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
darrenking
(@darrenking)
Famed Member
Luthier

To quote the Beatles, yeah, yeah, yeah! Me thinks Boo doth protest too much!

And thus Boo clocks up more points commenting on his own post about Boo clocking up lots of points. How does he do it ?😂😂😂😂

Hey Boo, you’re amongst friends, we know how much you contribute and love you for it, but it’s just as well you’re not into line dancing or jazz banjos or we might get really vicious!🤣🤣🤣🤣

ReplyQuote
Rocknroller912
(@rocknroller912)
Luthier

@tv101

I thought there was some skullduggery going on with the hero points, now you’ve let the cat out of the bag.

I wasn’t going to mention jazz banjo again but @darrenking already did it so here’s a photo for you to try making.

5FA8DC55 82B4 4604 87E6 478E26190CC9

Some people call me a tool, others are less complimentary. Tools being useful things.

ReplyQuote
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Illustrious Member
Luthier

Hey Boo, you’re amongst friends, we know how much you contribute and love you for it, but it’s just as well you’re not into line dancing or jazz banjos or we might get really vicious!

Hahaha.... 🤣 Thanks @darrenking, I appreciate it. Now that is something I will never be into, I never stay in line and jazz or banjos just ain’t my thing. 😆 

ReplyQuote
Tej
 Tej
(@tej)
Famed Member Customer
Luthier
Rep Points: 5385

@markbailey I can only echo what other people here have said, I truly hope life take a turn for the better for your family soon. 
As for the forums, people here have helped me no end while you’ve had more important things to deal with, a real testament to what you’ve created 🙂

…on an elaborate journey to turn trees into music.

Deej, Robin, tv1 and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
darrenking
(@darrenking)
Famed Member
Luthier

here’s a photo for you to try making.

I can make a jig for that!!!

Deej, mattbeels, Robin and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
darrenking
(@darrenking)
Famed Member
Luthier

I can, but I’m not going to!

Deej, mattbeels, Robin and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Rocknroller912
(@rocknroller912)
Luthier

@darrenking

Go on you know you want to

Deej, mattbeels, Robin and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Koendb
(@koendb)
Famed Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 11547

daft behaviour alongside sound information makes for a good forum.

That is so true @boo!

Deej, mattbeels, Russ and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: