RSS

Russ
 Russ
(@russ)
Semi Professional
Rep Points: 384
13/07/2020 9:36 pm  

Hi Guys,

Have any of you ever built a guitar case for your guitars? What did you use to make it? Have you got any pictures?

Cheers,

Russ

mark bailey
(@markbailey)
Guitar Making God
14/07/2020 9:53 am  

Hey Russ - This won't help you but... I famously made a guitar case when I was at school because they wouldn't let me make a guitar...said it was 'too hard'. Been proving them wrong ever since.

The case was not a total success as it weighed almost as much as a BATTLESHIP. By the time I finished carrying it anywhere I was unable to play guitar for about 1/2 hr as my hand was crippled with strain. Oh to be 14 again...I had an even heavier case once but I'll save that for another story...

Measure twice, cut once...

Deej liked
ReplyReplyQuote
Russ
 Russ
(@russ)
Semi Professional
14/07/2020 7:20 pm  

😆 Have you still got it Mark? 🤣

mark bailey liked
ReplyReplyQuote
mark bailey
(@markbailey)
Guitar Making God
15/07/2020 10:25 am  
Posted by: @russ

😆 Have you still got it Mark? 🤣

Thankfully not! I use a soft case now that was given to me by someone very special!

Measure twice, cut once...

Russ liked
ReplyReplyQuote
darrenking
(@darrenking)
Customer
Technician
Rep Points: 563
22/07/2020 3:41 pm  

I think that unless you are trying to copy a historic case or have built a guitar beyond the wildest dreams of any case maker then you are probably better off just buying a stock Hiscox or similar. Hiscox are pretty good at giving trade discount to makers so if you tell them that you are a 'luthier' then you will probably get a chunk knocked off their usual retail price. It helps if you are buying a couple by the way.

Darren

ReplyReplyQuote
Russ
 Russ
(@russ)
Semi Professional
22/07/2020 8:33 pm  
Posted by: @darrenking

I think that unless you are trying to copy a historic case or have built a guitar beyond the wildest dreams of any case maker then you are probably better off just buying a stock Hiscox or similar. Hiscox are pretty good at giving trade discount to makers so if you tell them that you are a 'luthier' then you will probably get a chunk knocked off their usual retail price. It helps if you are buying a couple by the way.

Darren

Thanks Darren. I'll have a look at Hiscox. 

Cheers,

Russell

ReplyReplyQuote