5 Users
66 Likes
James
(@james-chacewatergmail-com-2)
Honorable Member
Technician
Rep Points: 720
Topic starter  

It occurred to me earlier that my posts mostly document my cock ups, of which I have many 🤣

These happen when I either go rogue and think I'll have a go without thinking, when l try and copy some random bloke off the internet or when I go off-piste and fail to to revisit a lesson to follow Mark's advice.

So I thought I'd show you what I have made using nothing else but Mark's online courses, now available to Premium members for the price of a pint or an overpriced skinny chocamocha latte cappuccino americano builder's tea to go per week.

First off my Perry Pandsman (don't think that brand will take off somehow) made with a neck blank and pre slotted fretboard from guitarmaking.co.uk and a one piece mahogany offcuts from my local hardwood flooring company. 

20201127 173229

Next up is The Toad - cos it ain't the most beautiful thing in the world but I love it warts and all..... a home made version of the Bailey Bootlegger. 

1606499779865 20201127 174642

Never having done any woodworking before but armed with a truckload of enthusiasm and a subscription to Mark's courses I created these instruments that are eminently playable. I have no stake in guitarmaking.co.uk except my desire for it to continue to be the incredible resource for guitar building that it is and I can't recommend subscribing to the online courses enough...... I can't wait for the Finishing Course coming out dreckly.

Anyway, here's the Toad

20201127 173945

mattbeels, Robin, Russ and 9 people reacted
tv1
 tv1
(@tv101)
Illustrious Member Customer Registered
Luthier
Rep Points: 27896

Anyway, here's the Toad

20201127 173945

Whatever you say, and however critical you are, about your guitar building experiences - that pic above proves that you’ve successfully built something far more complicated, needing far more skill, than anything I’ve ever built!

I have complete respect for anyone who builds acoustics, sir!

Online guitar making courses – guitarmaking.co.uk

mattbeels, mark bailey, James and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
James
(@james-chacewatergmail-com-2)
Honorable Member
Technician
Rep Points: 720
Topic starter  

I have complete respect for anyone who builds acoustics, sir!

You sweet talking thang squire.... I found the acoustic course so relaxing and chilled that it was never not going to work. I'd recommend anyone have a go. It's not about the skill..... it's about the tutor 😉

mattbeels, mark bailey, Russ and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Clinton
(@clinton)
Famed Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 4954

Awesome!

mattbeels, mark bailey, Russ and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
tv1
 tv1
(@tv101)
Illustrious Member Customer Registered
Luthier
Rep Points: 27896

I'd recommend anyone have a go.

I am getting *very* tempted ... 

And you’re not helping

😆

Online guitar making courses – guitarmaking.co.uk

mattbeels, mark bailey, Russ and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
darrenking
(@darrenking)
Famed Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 5112

Really great looking instruments James! I’m not sure you’ve ever mentioned that you have made a playable guitar with strings on rather than just creating expensive sources of heat!

For any other members considering taking the acoustic plunge, I would always maintain that if you can build a playable electric then you can build an acoustic. It will probably take you longer, but there are no magic tricks involved, just patience and a different set of things to understand, all of which are covered in Mark’s course.

Darren

mattbeels, Russ, Robin and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
mark bailey
(@markbailey)
Admin
Guitar Making God

Thanks James! - and everyone else 🙂

It is 'heart warming' to see what you guys are coming up with...

Measure twice, cut once...

mattbeels, Russ, Robin and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: