8 Users
126 Likes
cheesewhisk
(@cheesewhisk)
Estimable Member Customer
Luthier
Rep Points: 1765
Topic starter  

Today I played a guitar I built with my own hands. She’s far from finished, no cover plates and the nut isn’t even glued in yet, but I plugged her in and she played like nothing I’ve ever experienced. And that’s the thing, that’s the single most special thing about this, the experience. There’s nothing quite like it. So Mark Bailey I thank you, for putting together this course and community who have been so amazingly helpful and kind spirited during my ‘learning experiences’.

The encouragement and patience over the last year has been incredible. From my first post where I’d drunkenly bought a body blank to this, a thing of beauty I can hardly believe I own never mind built. 

10538191 0DCA 4749 AE2A CCA5DC83443F
D6B51C5E AC77 4F7B 9D96 4F8DF7BB10CA
35680577 0ACE 405B BB47 71269003A91A
72624300 14F5 4318 8A73 7367132000E0
E3F1E8B9 0D10 43BE A2DB 40D479566152

Wayne_F, mattbeels, Tej and 19 people reacted
Clinton
(@clinton)
Famed Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 4965

@cheesewhisk Nice looking axe! Top Job.

mattbeels, Tej, Robin and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Russ
 Russ
(@russ)
Illustrious Member Customer
Luthier
Rep Points: 28658

That's what it's all about @cheesewhisk. It looks great. 

🙏🎶🎸🙂

🗝️ "Life's what you make it"🗝️

mattbeels, Tej, Robin and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Boo
 Boo
(@boo)
Illustrious Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 34842

There’s nothing quite like it. So Mark Bailey I thank you, for putting together this course and community who have been so amazingly helpful and kind spirited during my ‘learning experiences’.

@cheesewhisk Good for you, I’m glad you enjoyed it and I suspect you will be making more in the future. You only get out of something what you put into it so fantastically well done to yourself.
I’m also eternally grateful to Mark, Carol and crew, as well as this amazing community. The more we all contribute, the more benefit we all get out of it, it works for the many, not the few. 👍

Make guitars, not war 🌍✌️🎸

mattbeels, Tej, Seb and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Koendb
(@koendb)
Famed Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 11547

@cheesewhisk Awesome looking guitar man. How does it sound? a short vid maybe? 😎

mattbeels, Tej, cheesewhisk and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
darrenking
(@darrenking)
Famed Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 5112

And that’s the thing, that’s the single most special thing about this, the experience. There’s nothing quite like it.

You will never forget that feeling Cheesewhisk! Whilst obviously somewhat distanced, stringing and playing my first self-built guitar for the first time was, on an emotional level, pretty much second only to witnessing the birth of my children. I may possibly have done it without Mark’s courses, but, given that I had been fannying about with the idea for close on 40 years, the chances are that I would have died first! I will forever be in his debt for enabling me to achieve a lifelong ambition. Spread the word, for the word is good!!

mattbeels, Boo, Tej and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
cheesewhisk
(@cheesewhisk)
Luthier
Topic starter  

I couldn't agree more Darren, every time I look at it I can't actually believe I made that and then again succeeding that life long ambition now opens the doors or 'what next' 

mattbeels, Boo, Tej and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
cheesewhisk
(@cheesewhisk)
Luthier
Topic starter  

I'll definitely record something once I've got the action right @koendb the nut is a bit too big and needs sanding down a bit more first

mattbeels, Boo, Tej and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
mattbeels
(@mattbeels)
Illustrious Member
Luthier
Rep Points: 19074

Ah congratulations @cheesewhisk, I’m so glad that you’re thrilled with your first build! It came out looking great and nobody else has that headstock, fantastic job!

Practice on scrap...

cheesewhisk, Russ, Robin and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Wayne_F
(@wayne_f)
Reputable Member
Technician
Rep Points: 631

@cheesewhisk That's awesome! The feeling of seeing your hard work pay off must be one of the greatest things and I can't wait to see mine sitting on a stand in all it's glory. Congratulations on (nearly) finishing and on to the next!

cheesewhisk, Boo, Russ and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: